AMHA is CLosing Their Books!! As well as a new Height rule change!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the clarification, Jody. That explains why I did not know about them - I must remember to renew my MHW subscription!

Don't fret Mary, I haven't found the new measuring spot either. I wish someone would post a pix with the spot circled so we'd know. I sure wish they had left it alone. People will find a way to cheat the new way too, just give them a little time.I would think closing the registery will bring prices back up. What does everyone else think?

Joyce

I don't think closing the registry will have any effect on current prices. With the economy and the surplus of low quality horses being bred all in hopes of having those one or 2 high quality foals I just don't see the market going back up over something as simple as closing the registry but that is JMO

Why don't they hold inspections, much like the warmblood world. That way there can be AMHA registered horses but only those that have passed inspection can be allowed into the association. That way they won't close the gene pool and it would allow fresh blood into the world of A minis w/o sacrificing quality.
default_unsure.png

There is always more then one way out.....you just have to be creative. I think they should have put their creative hats on for this one. JMO.

I agree however with the height rule! FINALLY. Let me tell you I've had to deal with some of the "pros" on this and they put kids to shame with their temper tantrums. You don't know how many arguements we got in with handlers trying to get a horse smaller then what they really were. It was great fun to measure the horse at the end of the mane hair and have them whine and cry that the last mane hair was farther down the back.....Riiiiiiiiiiiight. There's a difference between mane hair and body hair. Nice try.
default_wink.png

I think it's LONG overdue with that change. But the closing of books is not the wisest of choices. There are other options.

Latest posts

Back