AMHA fees

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB27

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just easily confused but when looking on the AMHA website I can only find the costs for registering ($10-60 range) and the cost for becoming a member ($65). I can't find if that is a yearly cost or if its a one time thing. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Oh, also, I'm assuming you have to be a member to register a horse. What about after it is registered? Must you always be a member?

The membership fee is annual and you need to be a member to transact business with them (register a horse, transfer, bring temporary papers to permanent, etc.).

I understand their reasoning, since it brings in membership fees to the organization. But sometimes I think it keeps people from registering their animals, due to the extra expense of the membership. However, I think most registries do this (I'm pretty sure that AQHA does).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Lori, I was wondering about that since I need to transfer Chaos' papers into my name.

Last I knew you did not need to be a member to do business with the registry but fees were higher for non-members, has that changed??

Last I knew you did not need to be a member to do business with the registry but fees were higher for non-members, has that changed??
It changed. I just registered my mare in my name a couple months ago and I had some old transfer paperwork that had different fees for members and non members then looked online and saw a new form that said memebership was required. So I called and confirmed that I would need to become a member.

Hummm, not a very smart move on the part of the registry...hard for those with one or two minis maybe they just want to transfer or bring permanent...kind of encourages people to let the paperwork slide when a transfer would cost near $100 with having to be a member to do it!!

If you print out the work order form, all the fees are on there. I agree with Stormy - why keep cutting folks out of the Association?

Latest posts

Back