Alliance Star Wars

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations to Tam & Dan VanderWerf of Amazing Grace Miniatures on their new National Reserve Stakes Champion Country Driving 30" & Under winner - Alliance Star Wars. Amanda O'Cull of Silver Meadows did an absolutely wonderful job driving him. She had him looking like a million dollars. This win couldn't happen to two more deserving people.[/SIZE]

Sure was glad I was on the phone with you Tam so I could scream too.

Barbie

Thanks, Barbie for your post.

Whew! Our heads are still in the clouds! As I post, Dan is still enroute home with Ricky Wardlaw of Cygnet Farms and his father, Dick Wardlaw. They left soon after Bull's stakes class finished.

First, I would like to thank Ricky Wardlaw for the awesome job he did training Bull. After Nationals last year, Dan and I decided to have Bull trained to drive by Ricky. He spent four months at Cygnet Farm and then came home in February of this year. Dan worked so hard and was so determined to achieve this goal, even after some discouraging placings at the Perry and Fletcher shows, and then again at Nationals in the open and amateur classes. Here's where all the encouragement and pep talks from Gayle Ray of Silver Meadows kept our chins up and we did not give up..... she and Ricky told us Bull would do fine in a class in his height group, as he was getting lost in the crowd with the taller horses in the open and amateur classes.

Boy, were they right! After being trained to drive LESS THAN A YEAR AGO, Bull placed 3rd in the 30" and Under Open Country Pleasure class and then last night he was crowned the RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION of the 30" and Under Country Pleasure Driving Stakes. He was exhibited by the beautiful and talented Amanda Ray O'Cull, daughter of Gayle and Richard Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center in Florida. I was able to watch the class here at the office right after DJ's football game, which went into overtime and got finished (DJ's team won!!!) just minutes before the class started. I think Barbie must be deaf because of my scream when he got Reserve! Dan and I cried tears of joy over the phone when he called me right after the class.

Below are pictures of Dan driving Bull in versatility and of Amanda driving him in the 30" and under open class. Thank you everyone for all your encouragement and faith with Bull! We are overwhelmed with happiness, as our dream came true last night!

dixiebullnationals095.jpg

bull30undernats025.jpg

WOW! Congratulations Tam and Dan! I got to watch Dan show bull in the Ammy class, but missed the stakes
default_sad.png

Will you continue to show him next year or is he going on to produce more "little bulls"?

Congratulations, I have been very impressed with this little guy since you first bought him. I did get to see Dan show him in Amateur and felt he should have placed. But its the judges picking and not me. I am so glad he did well in the stakes class, Amanda is very talented and man can she drive a horse. Ricky did a great job of training for you, he is going to be one of the best before long.

We left Tuesday evening, so didn't get to see most of the open classes. Again Congratulations on a wonderful win.

[SIZE=12pt]Couldn't happen to greater people. I think we should see "Bull", Tam and Dan out in Amateur, Ladies, & Gentlemens Country Pleasure next year. Bull looked like a million dollars last night.[/SIZE]

Tam, it's been quite a while since I saw you behind the cart!!!!! Think you should remedy that - why should Dan have all the fun (I think you both should).

Barbie

Hey Tam,

I told Callie about her new boyfriend's placings and she is THRILLED!! LOL

BIG CONGRATS AGAIN TO BOTH OF YOU!

Dixi

HUGE congrats to Tam and Dan and Mr. Bully and I am so excited for you guys!

That is one super nice horse and so cool to be around.

Ricky is so great and I am also thrilled to see how well the Silver Meadows group did too~! I was in there rooting for yalls.

Now Tam, all we need is to get them up here too with us!

Barbie, you better get a move on already! We're tired of waiting!

Way to go Tam and Dan... People around here have a hard time believing that the tiny guys can do all the work... I must say I had to no idea there was a 30 and under driving class.. So thats so awesome.. Bull sure looked Flashy!
default_smile.png
Congrats on all your wins and remember good things always come to those who wait..

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! Dan drove in from Tulsa about 5 pm yesterday with a big grin from ear to ear, holding up the ribbon and platter Bull won as he pulled into the driveway.

Just wanted to share a picture of Bull, Amanda and Dan receiving the Reserve.
Nationals174.jpg

Take care,

Dan, Tam & DJ Vanderwerf

and of course, Bull

Congratulations on a nice win!
default_aktion033.gif
I didn't get to watch the stakes classes, but the driving classes I watched and was in were all pretty deep.

Jan

Wow, congratulations on the achievements, they are amazing!!!

He's a great one!!!

Liz M.

[SIZE=12pt]Hey Tam-[/SIZE]

You better get out the silver polish!!!!

Congrats again - those sure are million dollar smiles from Dan and Amanda!!!!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back