agents- suggestions?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equanox

Reaction score
We are located on the US/CAN border and looking at the idea of finding an agent for some of our horses that we have for sale. I would love suggestions, things to look out for, or personal story. We would like to stay in the NW(WA, OR) if possible, but will look father. We only breed AMHA/AMHR ( mostly show AMHA) and here are two colts we had this year that we want to start promoting next year. One is a perlino, and other a smokey pinto with blue eyes. We did not bred any horses for 2006, so we could be more active/ have time for miniature events outside our area. Just never seems to be enough time, and rush, rush, rush....

Thanks

foals2005.jpg

do you want an agent to help sell them or are you looking for a trainer to show them??? Or is it both?

for sure get everything in writing before you enter ANY agreements

Looking for an agent to increase exposure for some horses we have for sale. If the agent is a trainer as well that is fine. I am open to putting them in the show ring as well to get the horses out in the public eye until sold. Just want to make for sure I ask all the right questions, and not burned in the end.

Most trainers only do sells for farms they show for and are involved with. Since show season is now over for awhile i would do the following

Get a website made

Run internet ads promoting your program etc (lil Beginnings ads are a great payoff)

Network with other breeders thru horse clubs etc

these are very inexspensive ways to get your name out and get people seeing your horses.

If you do go with an agent or trainer they usually get at least 10 percent commission. Be sure everything is written in a contract and dont sign until you understand everything!

Good luck

Latest posts

Back