Advise / Opinions requested

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Horse Acres

Reaction score
I originally posted this on CMHR but decided to post here too as I am really needing advise.

I think I have found a home for Dezzy. (He is one of the horses that I rescued / purchased.) Unfortunately I know nothing about these people except they have goats. Any Ideas on what I can do to make sure that I am not putting him another situation where he will need rescued. They seem like nice people but This is my Dezzy boy. I just need to be sure and I am not sure how to be. Also, does anyone have a contract I could use as an example so that if they decide not to keep him that they return him to me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Have you visited their farm? How do the Goats look? Are the fences and housing in good shape? If they are taking good care of the goats, chances are better they will take care of the horse.

If not ---
default_sad.png

As far as a contract goes, just type up that if at any time they want to sell or give away Dezzy, you have first right of refusal.

Hi

I would think that if they are adopting him you could certainly ask for references, or even a sale for that matter? They should not mind you asking for references and should not mind giving them to you.

You could visit their home also, if close enough that is.

Good luck, it sure is easy to get attached isn't it:)

Beth

You've received good advice above.........Definitely references and a visit to the farm if within reasonable driving distance. If they aren't close enough to visit in person, you could ask for pictures of their place. If they are not forthcoming with pictures, I would be hesitant in letting your fellow go...... Just my opinion.

if people are ok with it i would just co-own... by co-owning you still OWN the horse and still have a say in what happens and if anything goes wrong you have legal righ tot take him back. If you just sell him outright or you give him away even if you have written contract it is not legally binding to have to give you first rights to buy back.

Latest posts

Back