advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfitminis

Reaction score
I know someone with a young daughter: about 10 years old. She has expressed interest in miniature horses. Her mother would like to obtain a miniature horse at a low price or to take in a mini that is in need of a home/ rescue. Our area is mini poor. It seems to be a seller market. This family free leased 2 of my minis for a summer when I was in college. The daughter keeps hinting around that she is in love with one of my minis that they had free leased at their barn 6 years ago. I have no intention of giving or selling any of my minis. I have offered for her to show the mini that she likes. She has refused and said that she is waiting for a mini of her own to show. When I was her age I would have flipped over backwards to show someone's horse. The daughter is emailing me now on a regular basis asking if I know of any minis that her family could take on. She also chats about the mini of mine that she is in love with. The girl barely knows this horse. She was 4 when her mother had my 2 minis at her barn. Two months ago the family stopped by my house. I hadn't seen them since last summer at one horse show and before then it had been 4 years since I have seen them. The girl didn't even recognize the horse that she is now in love with supposidly. She has offered to come over and help "take care of them". I don't really need help- my minis are part of my family and I enjoy doing everything for my little herd. I feel that offerering this gal to show is enough. Now my gut feeling is this girl wants the mini that she is in love with and that furthering contact between them could lead to a bad situation. She emails me 3 times a week wanting to know how this mini is doing. Any suggestions or past experiences with a similar situation? The older I get the less I trust people. Especially when it comes to horses.

Send her to LB and the Breeders Connect page. Be firm butr pleasant about thanks no no thanks about help and/or selling. Sounds like the old "something for nothing" routine.

Latest posts

Back