Advice on Harness Choice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann knight

Reaction score
I want to start my youngster ( he's 2.5 ) . I have a Countrycarraiges harness and I love it . I see that that Ozark Mountain has the leather carraige harness on sale ( $40.00 off ) . Do you think this would be a good choice for him ? It is leather and I must admit I love the beta and the fact it doesn't have to be cleaned each time . Honestly sometimes the more I research the more confused I get
new_shocked.gif
!

Any thoughts are appreciated !
saludando.gif

Ann

Are you buying him a permanent harness of his own or are you looking for a training/starter harness? Is budget an issue? If not and you are happy with the harness you have, I'd buy another one. Why fix what isn't broken?
default_unsure.png

I'm starting my youngster with Kody's old Ozark Carriage harness because it's a good, sound, attractive leather harness which conforms nicely to his skin and yet doesn't overwhelm him with material to begin with. He'll get (and in fact already has) a Comfy-Fit Sport Harness for eventual full-time use but I want him to start out with a straight breastcollar and well-padded treeless saddle with fixed tugs so he's used to those things and knows how to deal with them before he moves up to the fancier performance gear. If I weren't planning to do breed shows with him that wouldn't be an issue but I am so I'm going to repeat what worked well for Kody. You might be following a different path so hence me asking what you're looking for.
default_smile.png

Leia

Thank you Leia for your reply . I am looking to do pleasure /trail driving down the road ( way down the road
yes.gif
) . Yes, this is his own harness . I was really happy with the Country carriages harness and actually love the 2 tone harness .I have a feeling the leather would be a pain after the great synthetic one I have . Cost is a consideration but as I have learned from my past experiences ( and advice) putting quality first is cheaper in the long run
biggrin.gif

Thank you again .......my question is answered......now I just wish our dollar would go back up in value .......cheers...Ann

Latest posts

Back