?? about past dewormer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish

Reaction score
I use daily dewormer Continuex D and save the stickers and mailed them in for my free paste dewormer. Farnam mailed me the Combocare gel. Is this safe for mini's ?? I won't use it if it's not.

Please advise.

Thanks Trish

Have never heard of it........Have you looked at the active ingredient for the type of wormer it is?

[SIZE=14pt]It is moxidectin/parziquantel......if it's similar to Quest. I won't use it. [/SIZE]

I had a feeling about the ComboCare dewormer, so I went to Farnam website and checked it out. It's moxidectin/praziquantel mixed. Moxidectin is the active ingredient in Quest, and has to be dosed exactly as it has very small margin for error; it is not recommended to use on minis. [You might wish to contact Farnam and tell them you would prefer an ivermectin based dewormer as they much safer for minis.]

That's why it's always important to check the active ingredient to stuff........If it's the same stuff that Qwest has in it, don't use it! Throw it out!

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'm gonna try to see if I can exchange it for Ivercare at my TSC store.[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back