A "warning" about Rick Perry

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbara,

are you saying that your husband - as a public school science teacher - actually offers creationism as a scientific option when he's teaching science? I'm 100% in support of people's right to believe in anything they wish to believe but I'm truly thrown for a loop that a science teacher can offer the earth is 7000 years old and humans just line bred from two people during that time as a real scientific option.

No, he does not. He teaches Life Science, so one of the topics taught is evolution. Naturally, because students understand what a "hot button" topic this is, they always ask him questions about evolution as it relates to origin of the species. He tells them that evolution is the scientific theory of origin of the species, but that other people have different theories and beliefs often based on religion. Of course, then he is always asked what he believes. As a public school teacher he is ALLOWED to tell them his belief IF A STUDENT ASKS and he makes no secret of the fact that he is a Christian. So, no, he does not teach it as a scientific option, but when asked he will discuss the different theories - evolution and creationism - if he is asked.

Barbara

Unless you're hard-core fundamentalist, I can't imagine how you could conceivably even say that 1 - a hurricane or earthquake is a message from God, and 2 - that the specific message is against current spending in Washington DC?
Ah, but her "people" have now scrambled to do some damage control and say she was just kidding around... riiiiight.
default_no.gif

No, he does not. He teaches Life Science, so one of the topics taught is evolution. Naturally, because students understand what a "hot button" topic this is, they always ask him questions about evolution as it relates to origin of the species. He tells them that evolution is the scientific theory of origin of the species, but that other people have different theories and beliefs often based on religion. Of course, then he is always asked what he believes. As a public school teacher he is ALLOWED to tell them his belief IF A STUDENT ASKS and he makes no secret of the fact that he is a Christian. So, no, he does not teach it as a scientific option, but when asked he will discuss the different theories - evolution and creationism - if he is asked.

Barbara
Thanks for clearing that up ... no longer confused
default_smile.png

Ah, but her "people" have now scrambled to do some damage control and say she was just kidding around... riiiiight.
default_no.gif
Tag - you took the words right out of my mouth. I noticed now they are scrambling to let everyone know it was a "joke". I don't believe it was a joke, and if it was - wow, bad taste considering people have died during this storm.
default_no.gif

Back