A Visitor This Morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyndiM

Reaction score
A man from the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship paid me a visit this morning and wanted me to fill out a form to register our farm. :new_shocked: Under his name, on his business card, it says "Premises Identification Program Field Staff"

He said he is going around to all farms with livestock (he has nine counties to do in two years) and we have to fill out this form which would then give us an identification number that will always stay with this farm. The purpose of this is to be able to alert us to any outbreaks of infectious desease, ect.
default_wink.png
:

On this form we have to list all forms of livestock we own at this time including my Peafowl!

I think BIG BROTHER is here in Iowa!

Yep and dogs and cats will also be added, and everything will require microchips.

Originally I was fine with the Animal id program and even now can still see some benefits to using id chips in stock. However the violation of privacy and loss of personal property rights is too much sacrifice if you ask me. I feel each person should have the CHOICE of participating. Last I checked this was America :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just SCAREY. :new_shocked:

Yup, we have the same thing here in Wisconsin... although I do believe that it is still a voluntary thing for now... It will become manditory soon!

Well according to the Iowa website it is STILL voluntary
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
: wonder why the door to door
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
: smells like a rat if you ask me :eek:

Well according to the Iowa website it is STILL voluntary
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
: wonder why the door to door
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
: smells like a rat if you ask me :eek:

People are less likely to say no to an official looking person on their doorstep that they are to a letter and a form they get sent in the mail. That is why the door to door, I'd lay dollars to donuts.

They are trying to force folks into this issue. And I know quite a few friends that have not signed anything...getting info saying Thank you for complying and their Farm ID numbers in the mail. That is force when the state/Gov do things without peoples consent.

I for one will hold out as long as possible. Though they change the rules often,,,what I have read..if this all comes into place is going to make a lot of folks not happy. 12 hours to send paperwork in when ever you leave the property with any animal, walk across a country rd with your donkey to get the mail..two pieces of info need to be sent in....

For awhile when they first wrote their rules out... they even would require chicken owners to know which hen layed what egg. The Gov doesn't need to know if I eat my own eggs...sure do not sell them to anyone.

Or when a Hen disappears... then comes back with chicks....even if it doesn't leave the property. That is a heck of a lot of paper work.

If they catch you not doing what they tell you to do... which is every move you make...have you all read what they can do? Unless it has been re written in the last 6 months... they can charge you up to $5,000 a day if you do not comply..to taking your land away from you.

Oh... and if this become Manitory... we no longer "own" our animals.. they are part of the "national" herd...and they can come in any time and do what ever the Gov wants.

The whole thing is royally stupid.

Needless to say... you can see I am not happy about this at all.

Yeah, and what about folks who have two or three minis as pets and therapy animals? What are they going to have to go through to take their little gelding, "Snickers" into town to the local retirement home for a charity visit????

The whole thing stinks.

MA

This also will make it easy to determine if you a have a few too many for your zoning, or something that you are not zoned for, or not licensed, or have 4 dogs where you only can have 3, or are breeding where breeding is banned, and BSL, and, and......it is all getting really ugly..........and it gives them access to your property at any time to inspect....that one is huge.

I wish I had known it was voluntary. :no: I did not, and would not have filled out the form. He did NOT in any way inform or imply it was a voluntary thing! Now I'm PIS*ED! :eek: I bet he didn't tell the Amish around here it was voluntary.

We have TOO much government in our lives now! :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad this hasn't come to Canada. I hope we don't take after the states in this one :new_shocked:

MA even those folks would have to comply.

Let's just say if this goes Manitory and ends up being like they have it written. Think I will be moving to Nova Scotia and live with the family I still have there.

Back