A tribute to my late TB...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
I hope you all don't mind - I made this video to share with people...I guess to memorialize him and perhaps start to heal. It's been since last October that he's gone and not a day goes by that I don't cry still. There was something about this horse - he was such an amazing partner and friend....I just wanted to share it with some "horsey" friends here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoWCNg7MnWU

I am so sorry for the loss of your bud. Know how that goes, lost my special horse 3 years ago and it still has a great effect on me. Cant view the video, darn dial up, bet you did a great job!

Awesome, touching video! What a lovely horse!
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

[SIZE=14pt]watched and cried...beautiful tribute...he was so young, sorry for your loss and pain. Nikki[/SIZE]

Thanks Guys. I really did adore him...probably more than my poor husband some days (just kidding....well, sort of)
default_wink.png
: .

Barnbum, I don't know where his name comes from...I've heard there is a dorm hall at University of Maryland called Gorham Hall...and it was a name in some obituaries that i dug up from back in the 1800's. I didn't realize there are towns close to one another with those names. He was Ky bred and raced in MD (as well as FL and NY) so I assumed there was some MD connection. The trainer I talked to couldn't remember...I never did contact the breeders.

When I got him we didn't know his name. I bought him sight unseen from a rescue - they didn't "do" TB's, especially OTTB's before him. When I got him they told me his name was Whatdreamswillcome (typical race style name all squished together like that)...and I named him WIlliam, as in Shakespear in reference to the line "What dreams may come...". Later I ran his tattoo through the JC because I saw that the horse with that name was running at a track somewhere down east! Then I learned his real identity; I felt a little bad about calling him "William" as it seemed to have little to do with who he really was...but then I remembered that some people don't believe that Wm. Shakespear was who we think he was! So it seemed fitting afterall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tribute! when you said "not a day goes by" i had to shed a tear, that's the song that always makes me think of my "grandson", my colt Justice that i lost last year... "not a day goes by, that i don't think of you... after all this time, i still miss you it's true... somewhere you remain, locked so deep inside, baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by" - but when i sing it, i substitute "bubba" for baby, since that was one of his nicknames... i used to say "Justice, bubba, what's up" and stuff like that. no matter how many other animals i have, the loss of him will always leave a hole in my heart that no one else can fill. someday i want to do a video too when i figure out how...

i am sorry for your loss, and i understand
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tribute! when you said "not a day goes by" i had to shed a tear, that's the song that always makes me think of my "grandson", my colt Justice that i lost last year... "not a day goes by, that i don't think of you... after all this time, i still miss you it's true... somewhere you remain, locked so deep inside, baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by" - but when i sing it, i substitute "bubba" for baby, since that was one of his nicknames... i used to say "Justice, bubba, what's up" and stuff like that. no matter how many other animals i have, the loss of him will always leave a hole in my heart that no one else can fill. someday i want to do a video too when i figure out how...

i am sorry for your loss, and i understand
default_wub.png
:
Oh Susan, (((hugs))). I don't know that song - who sings it? Do you have Windows movie maker? I didn't even know I had it and one day last week dh told me it was "just in there"...we have windows xp and I didn't buy the movie maker software. Check and see if you've got it. I'd be glad to tell you how it works (it's SO easy!).

Ohhhh I feel the void in your heart. What a BEAUTIFUL boy William was. And looking into his soulful eyes tells me that he had a big heart of gold. The special relationship you both shared comes out in this tribute. My eyes fill up with tears just viewing it.

Latest posts

Back