A Stuck Tongue?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
You know that feeling when you saw something REALLY weird and you cant really explain what you saw? Okay, maybe you dont know that feeling, but I had another one of those weird things happen to me again.

I was putting the horses blankets on last night. While i was doing Bentley's, his head was bobbing up and down. I look up and his tongue was sticking out, kind of like this...

razzberry_card-p137466071993243164bh2r3_400.jpg

But, it was almost like it was stuck, like his tongue got stuck to his teeth? See, i cant explain anything to save my life!

It kind of got me nervous, so i gave him some hay so i could see him chew, and he looked fine.

I went to a driving clinic last weekend and Lyn said B was developing some points in the back of his mouth, I have to make the appointment with our Vet this weekend to get his teeth worked on. He isnt uncomfortable driving, but we think the reason he isnt carrying his head correctly is because he is trying to "get away" from the bit hitting his molar's points? (again, cant explain anything)

Is there any way that he did his weird tongue thing out of discomfort of his teeth? Well, hes not uncomfortable, but he will be if his teeth arent worked on soon. I know this is a weird topic, but if you have any suggestions, i would love to hear them!

or is it a weird habit he is getting into??? hmmmm

Alright then, thank you rabbitsfizz, now im just embarrased LOL
default_doh.gif

OK Rabbit, you need to educate us as to why the horse had his tongue stuck out! It is more then curiosity now! I think I know but not sure of the answer.

Well......I guess that makes a WHOLE BUNCH of us who are just dying of curiousity!!

I had two theories, one G-rated, one I'd have had to pm. Then I saw shalako's "alrighty then" and figured the answer she recieved was along the lines of my NOT G-rated answer! LOL

So, shalako....poke, poke, poke....care to share?? Inquiring Aunties want to know!! :-0

Add me to the curious list.

My pony sticks his tongue out like that because he wants me to play with it. I've seen lots of colts play the "grab my tongue" game.

My guy can be a pain to tack his shoes on so I usually grab his tongue to distract him... And now he expects it during shoeing...

But otherwise???

Sorry i didnt post anything on here...

Okay, rabbit told me that he does this to, how do i say this....

Please himself when he is excited? Its starts with an M and ends in ING.not rated G! DEFINATLY wasnt expecting that answer!!!!
default_wacko.png
:wacko

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the curious list.

My pony sticks his tongue out like that because he wants me to play with it. I've seen lots of colts play the "grab my tongue" game.

My guy can be a pain to tack his shoes on so I usually grab his tongue to distract him... And now he expects it during shoeing...

But otherwise???
I play grab the tounge with Bentley too, but this wasnt what he was doing this time!!!

I would never have guessed the tongue issue being related to the other. We're mostly adults, so I'm sure most everyone will get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well......I guess that makes a WHOLE BUNCH of us who are just dying of curiousity!!

I had two theories, one G-rated, one I'd have had to pm. Then I saw shalako's "alrighty then" and figured the answer she recieved was along the lines of my NOT G-rated answer! LOL

So, shalako....poke, poke, poke....care to share?? Inquiring Aunties want to know!! :-0
Ya, Definatly the Not Rated G answer!!!

We're not allowed to say masturbating on here? It's a normal, natural thing.

Lol, thats a new one for me. I have seen (and explained what they were doing to non horsey people) many odd behaviours in stallions/geldings when they are 'relieving tension' and have not seen the tongue reaction. Something more to add to my you still haven’t seen it all file.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back