A new direction for us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
We have had our gelding Pistol in training with Larry Parnell since October. It is so exciting to watch his progress, and I love to go and watch Larry Parnell work with our horse and the others. We are to bring Pistol home by the end of the month, and our first show is at the Daffy in Glen Rose in April. We have been getting things together so we can be ready by then, and it has felt a lot like Christmas around here and I told my family that Santa wears UPS brown :bgrin Our show cart came by UPS day before yesterday, and our harness came yesterday by UPS. I work at a school and we are off on spring break, so have been home when he comes with the truck. My daughter was laughing at me because when I see the truck I run thru the house yelling "The UPS man is here!"
default_blush.png
: My daughter will be driving him and is having lots of fun going and practicing with him. Me? I am nervous Nelly thinking about taking him to a show for the first time and getting them both in the arena all in one peice and put together right. Then on the other hand I am so excited I am about to bust, this little guy is one of mine and not my daughters even tho she shows him. I am so proud of both of them, and they haven't even shown yet. :bgrin Here are two very hairy pics of our little guy taken back in December, I need to get some more recent photos.

ea396499.jpg
ea396130.jpg

Looking good! I can't wait to see new pics of them in the ring!! Pretty pretty pretty!!!

Thank you, I am just so excited.

It sounds like you and your daughter have a great relationship
I know it is far from perfect and we do have our fights but she is a terrific daughter. It really is all the more precious since we have a son who is not very close to us. Physically or relationship wise. It pulls the rest of us closer. Really hurts since I know what kind of family we could be if he did not have to distance himself so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! He looks good!!! Are you going to the clinic next week? I am planning to. We have to go to TN to the cardiologist on Sunday so I hope I get to go, make the awful trip to TN better.. Agian, he looks great, I am so proud of Zion and Chino , Larry does a great job!!!

Shelley<><

You will LOVE driving! or at least I hope you to. It is my absolute favorite class. Your boy looks awesome.
default_yes.gif
:

Are you going to the clinic next week?
No, and I hate it we can't make it. I wish it had been held this week while we were out for spring break. I go back to work on Monday and Chasta has college also. We will be missing soon with the shows and I do not have enough vacation to take that much time off. I know it will be a very informative clinic.

Wow, your little fella looks great, even with his "jammies" on! I know how excited you are, because I am the same way with Flirt! Can't wait to see him in the ring. :D HAVE FUN!

Back