A good meat marinate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
We butchered and our steaks are a little tough. Nate doesn't want anything real funky, nothing that will change the taste of the meat drastically, does anyone have any idea's? I'd appreciate any recipe's. Thanks.

Here is one for game. It made elk taste like the nicest tbone.

Marinate in glass dish for up to 24 hours:

equal parts:

soy sauce

fresh lemon juice

worcester sauce

Baste with garlic butter while grilling. 1/2 stick butter 1/8 t garlic powder.

I'm sure you could use it for roasts as well as steaks.

Ditto that recipe. you can add a little sesame oil , and ginger too.

We marinate our steak in Coke overnight. It really does tenderize the meat without changing the flavor.

Hope you try it and enjoy!!!

Judy

another marinate with coke

1 liter of coke 16 oz

Italian dressing

12 oz ketchup

Instructions:

Add all ingredients and whisk until smooth Place steak in a bowl

Let stand in refrigerator for 2 hour stir occasionally & Grill!

Men will like this one.

I also like to ad gingerale or sprite to my roast with water, it makes the meat tender and your gravy has an nice sweet taste.

I usually add a cup or can

Last edited by a moderator:
My Fav for BBQing is Beer!

I put the steak in a bowl and cover with beer, fresh chopped garlic & oyster sauce.

Let it marinate over night and yummy!!!! Very tender
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone, I did pick up a can of Coke today to try it. I have a sister who is a great cook and I'd asked her about the beer one as I had heard about it before and she had said, forget it, drink the beer and grill the steak but maybe I will try the beer too. These are worth trying, thanks again.

Just for fun, I thought I'd add my favorite CHICKEN marinade:

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup lemon juice

garlic (fresh, powdered, whatever)

salt and fresh ground pepper

rosemary (fresh is better, but dried is OK too)

Mix in a gallon sized zipper freezer bag, then add cut up chicken. Every couple of hours flip the bag to make sure the marinade is touching all of it. This has to marinade for a long time. A few hours just doesn't do it. I like to leave it overnight, or prep it when I go to work for cooking later. We always cook it on the grill; "low and slow" like my hubby says. Use extra marinade to baste during cooking, but once the chicken is cooked throw the rest away.

Trust me, this is WONDERFUL!!

Latest posts

Back