A Few Weanling Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizzle's Gal

Reaction score
Hi. A friend of mine just got a 6 month old filly. She is not sure what to feed her since she is still growing. She is out on pasture every other day for a few hours. Also what age can you breed? Thanks everyone!

Hi there. She could find out from the breeders what they were feeding her, but definitly give her hay, a salt block, and I'd give a grain made for foals, I use Mare and Foal from Blue Seal. Good luck with the baby, arent they just the cutest things?!
default_smile.png

As for breeding, Im new to minis, but have had full size horses for over 40 years and I personally dont believe in breeding before 4 years old, but I know a lot of people breed younger. I just look at it like there are enough things that can go wrong with a pregnancy and mini birth, why add even more chances that something may go wrong by breeding them young. I also perfer to have my horses full grown and that doesnt happen before 4 years old, before I'd think of breeding.

Hi. A friend of mine just got a 6 month old filly. She is not sure what to feed her since she is still growing. She is out on pasture every other day for a few hours. Also what age can you breed? Thanks everyone!

Thanks! She got her from an auction so she doesnt know how much or what to feed. RIgt now she gets hay, and a handfull of sweet feed.

Latest posts

Back