A Few Shetland Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

south_star

Reaction score
I would like to know how to Qualify for the shetland congress? do moderns and classics show there? I am from North Dakota and I was wondering if there are any shows around? THanks so much everyone.

Good Morning,

Unlike the miniature division which you have to qualify under four judges at two different shows to go to Mini Nationals, you don't qualify for Shetland Congress as this show isn't as big as Mini Naitonals.

South Dakota is in Area 6 (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, balance of Ontario and Manitoba, Canada.)

You can check the ASPC/AMHR website: www.shetlandminiature.com

go to the events (the left side bar) click on that icon and it will pull up all of the shows from January to November. You can scan that list to see when and where any shows are held in the US.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetland

Burleson Texas

What part of North Dakota are you in? The closest shows to you that offer Shetland classes will probably be the two Area VI Club shows in June in Denison & Des Moines Iowa, the Midwest Classic Show which will be in June or early July in Iowa and the Great Plains Small Equine Assn. show which is in July in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Latest posts

Back