A Few questions About regestering and clubs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa F

Reaction score
Hi, we sent in my brothers horses perm papers, how long dose it usualy take to get it back?.

and how would i go about finding a club in TN close to me that suports minis and riding horses?, i try looking and i get a bunch of twh stuff...

thanks melissa and chief

Paperwork,,,,,,,,,,,,soooo just depends. I get back from both in about 3 weeks, unless I forgot to do something.

If you go on AMHA and AMHR websites,,,,,,,,,there is a section that lists clubs.

Hi Melissa,

I can take several weeks to get paperwork back, but you can always call whichever office you're waiting on and they can tell you the status.

As for clubs, go to either amha.org or shetlandminiature.com (depending on which one you want) and they both have links to approved clubs. TN will have some I'm sure!! I'm going to a double show (both A and R sanctioned) in TN the first weekend in June. I think the show is called the Mini Horse Celebration or something like that. The show manager is Dixi Cohea and she could probably give you info on the clubs since she's obviously in touch with at least two of them.

Good luck!

Hi Melissa,

I can take several weeks to get paperwork back, but you can always call whichever office you're waiting on and they can tell you the status.

As for clubs, go to either amha.org or shetlandminiature.com (depending on which one you want) and they both have links to approved clubs. TN will have some I'm sure!! I'm going to a double show (both A and R sanctioned) in TN the first weekend in June. I think the show is called the Mini Horse Celebration or something like that. The show manager is Dixi Cohea and she could probably give you info on the clubs since she's obviously in touch with at least two of them.

Good luck!
Thanks guys, i dont want a strickt MINI club tho, i have big horses also... i wouldnt mind starting out at clubs and fun shows with my mini, so i get used to it with something smaller then an almost 15 hand ssh or quarter horse lol... i wanted to do locel shows but im not sure where they are.. or how i would prepare for one.. i know i need to learn how to clip my mini so he dont look goofy or wooly, he tends to stay a lil puffy even in his summer coat.. anyway any help i can get will be vary thanked.. is there anyone on the bored who lives in tn that could show me how to prepare?, like i take my mini to there farm or something, also what all will i need for a halter class any speshal clothing? for me i mean, i know all ya needs a halter for the mini.. what all do you usualy need to do to enter?.. thanks melissa and chief

Sorry, but I highly doubt you'll find a club for both minis and big horses.

You can go to the LB Breeder's Connect and find some mini breeders that live in your area, and they can surely point you in the right direction. And I know there are some people here on the Forum that live in TN that might be able to help. I'm in OK, so can't be of too much help!

Welcome to the wonderful world of minis!!

Your local 4-H club?? I dont know how old you are but maybe they can point you in the right direction.

I know here in Wisconsin 4-H kids show minis in pony classes and against big horses too. It just depends on what you are showing in.
default_yes.gif
:

Good Luck!

Jeri

I'm 16, i want to show in halter and later on cart but just halter this year, my mini is a 2 year old colt he dose not act like a stud at all tho just like my qh stud colorado Skies

Latest posts

Back