A DIFFERENT LOOK ON OUR ECONOMY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontherisefarm

Reaction score
Dave, which bozo should I vote for in this election? Who’s going to fix the economy? Who’s going to give me the most money?

Well, I’m here to remind you that you’re going to fix the economy because your personal economy is up to you. It's not Washington's job to fix what's going on with you. If you are waiting on Washington to change something, you've got a long wait!

You’re going to give yourself money as a result of your hard work and persistence. Waiting for money to be taken from others and given to you is a spirit of envy, and it's wrong.

I’m not here to tell you who to vote for. But I am here to tell you that the government doesn’t have the capacity to fix your problems. Washington is full of bozos, and I am doing my part to send a lot of them home!

This economic mess is a reality, but we can each only control one thing—our reactions. Does this stuff define you? Only if you let it. The weird thing about the economy is that YOU are the economy! I learned this the hard way. I got my real estate license when I was 18 years old. By the time I was 21, interest rates had risen to 17% fixed-rate … and I still sold houses. How? Because I worked hard.

As bad as USA Today meant a recent article to be about what we think of the suffering economy and upcoming election, I think it’s rather encouraging that no one thinks that President Bush or Barack Obama or John McCain can fix the economy!

This may be the beginning of the biggest level of prosperity this nation has ever known if we don’t look to a candidate to fix our lives. How about we say, "I’m going to vote for the candidate who’s going to fix the nation. I’m going to fix my life, so leave me alone and let me do my own thing."

Don't react based on fear or panic. Don’t look to Washington to fix your problems. Why would you do that? At what point did Bill Clinton fix any of your problems? At what point did he cause you to prosper? At what point did George Bush end your career or cause you to prosper? When did Ronald Reagan fix your problems? Guess what? I liked Reagan the most, and while he was in office, I hit rock bottom and filed bankruptcy—but it wasn’t Reagan’s fault. It was mine.

So when you go to the polls in a few days to cast your vote, don’t get caught up in following a political party or candidate without knowing the issues they support. Do your research so you can make educated decisions.

Thanks for posting. Veeeery interesting way to look at it and I'd say very true. You can't help others until you help yourself. We are each and everyone of us responsible for our own actions and our own life style and too many people got in the fix they are in through their own negligence. OVERSPENDING. And I am guilt as charged.

I referenced Dave Ramsey awhile back on here. I'm certain that if he were heading our nations financial problems that he could get us back in the right direction.......... Ramsey firmly believes in personal responsibility. Lack of that is one reason this country has deteriated so much and the fact that our government is enabling it even more.

You’re going to give yourself money as a result of your hard work and persistence.
Up until this point anyway. If Obama follows through with his "share the wealth" - translated "share our hard earned income" there will be even less motivation to carry ones own weight. The incentive to work harder will fall by the way as persistence to do so will not pay off for most of us.

As I said earlier if anyone is having financial problems, tune in to Dave Ramsey's radio show or go to his website. He is a spiritual person with lots of common sense, telling it like it is with compassion for those that are suffering. Our "bozo government" sure could benefit from having Dave Ramsey in the White House.

"Beans & rice - rice & beans" - Live today like no one else so that tomorrow you CAN live like no one else!

Thanks for starting this thread.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Ramsey has helped my husband and I get almost completely out of debt. I have one credit card left with a balance on it that I am trying to pay off but our house,our cars, and everything else we own free and clear. I think my hubby and I have learned the hard way that sometimes you do have to sacrifice to get to a point where you dont have to anymore. He has more financial know how then so many and alot of it came from personal experience. If it werent for what we have learned from him we wouldnt have anything now as hubby lost his previous job due to plant closing and ended up in a job making less than half what he was making before. That really hurts.... People dont need to lose thier stuff if they just learn to live in thier means.... A hard lesson to learn...

I have tried countless times to get my Mother to read his books and to follow his advice but no go.She thinks her way to salvation is bankruptcy... She doesnt wanna sacrifice anything but she is gonna end up losing it all if she isnt careful and it makes me hurt for her and others like her...

Dave Ramseys THE MAN !!!!

I totally agree. I have read his books and now going through FPU. Which is a lot of what the book tells you with a few extra tid bits.

But he is right personal responsibility is the key. And living within your means. This mess was created on that. Many people getting houses they knew where out of their price range in the hopes that something would change in time to allow them to keep their head above water.

Now of course gas prices has hindered the ecomony greatly by sucking all the disposable income and giving it to Exxon.

But budgeting is key to success.

Although we are still trying to master Dave's way of budgeting.

My husband and I went through FPU in February. It was the most amazing class I have ever attended. We look at life differently now and are on our way to being "debt free and financially secure". It will take a while, as we made some stupid moves before we started, but now we don't buy ANYTHING on credit! We have no more truck payments, and just a small amount of debt to pay off before we start working to pay off our house. Gazelle Intensity is in our future.
default_laugh.png
Dave Ramsey is awesome and I totally recommend anyone and EVERYONE to stop at his website or pick up a copy of "Total Money Makeover". It *will* change your life for the better.
default_yes.gif

My husband started listening to him on his way to work. We even went to see him for FPU seminar. It was really great and he keeps it interesting which is a really good thing... I do highly recommend going to his seminars... A person really learns alot about taking responsibility for thier finances.

Back