a different kind of miniatures....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Hugs

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here collect or make miniatures?

I have been building houses and making and collecting miniatures for about 40 years. I decided to make my girlfriend, Bobbe, a bakery and I gave it to her last January on her birthday. Now, every holiday I decorate it for her. I am getting ready to take all the Christmas decorations down and change the cakes and pastries to red and white and hearts for Valentine's Day.

I built this from a kit and then painted it and some of the cakes and food I made and some I bought.

Cafe_Bobbe_013web.jpg

Cafe_Bobbe_002web.jpg

This is the view peeking in the window-

Cafe_Bobbe_004web.jpg

Cafe_Bobbe_005web.jpg

I made this gingerbread house and the poinsettia-

Cafe_Bobbe_007web.jpg

The back was pretty bare so I painted it like this-

Cafe_Bobbe_012web.jpg

Cafe_Bobbe_011web.jpg

What do you think? It's a really fun holiday although, now that I am older it's so darn hard to work that small and it's getting harder and harder to even see what I am doing :bgrin

:aktion033: :new_shocked: THATS ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS! IVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, i cant wait to see the valentine theme!
default_yes.gif
:

You are so incredibly talented!!! I was awe-struck when you originally posted your stencil work, and these little houses --- wow!!! :new_shocked:

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Liz R.

I love it!!! I used to do that too only shadowboxes .

Lyn

Thanks everyone. I love miniatures :bgrin

I started building a victorian house about 18 years ago. I only work on it in spurts. It used to be my winter project but since I moved here to southern CA , land of no winter, I don't get to it that often. It's very detailed with hard wood floors with real woven rugs, kitchen cabinets full with dishes, a dinig room with an equestrian mural and there are even horse trophies and ribbons in my daughter's room.

Thanks for looking.

Incredible!!!

I LOVE that kind of thing- the only "girly" thing I would ever play with as a child was an old Doll's House my father repainted and put lights in (he was an electrician, wired all the Bombers during the war- hopefully not just for BBC Radio!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) Wallpapered the walls, Mother put up curtains- I LOVED it- I still would , too if my father had not tossed it out!!

Sandy you have so many amazing talents! Your gardens are exquisite, your house decor puts Martha's to shame, you have dancing champion show squirrels
default_wink.png
: and now this!

Rabbit,

My Dad did the exact same thing. He built me my first dollhouse and he wired it with little lights and my Mom wallpapered and carpeted it. Then, when I went off to college- he threw it away. I was so sad. It would have been wonderful to save.

All I can say is WOW!!! I had to call my hubby to come and see!!! :aktion033: I have been wanting a victorian house for ages, I have a ton of furniture, rugs etc. that came from my Grandma. I actually saw a wonderful victorian house at a local antique store and by the time I decided that I would spend the money it was gone. I am totally in awe of your little bakery!! Sandy, do you have more photos of things that you have done???

Shucks, Shirley, I can't really take credit for the dancing squirrels. They are just such smart little creatures- they practically teach themselves :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Justanothercowgirl-

I don't really have any good pictures of my Victorian as it's not finished so I haven't taken too many pics.

This is what it looks like now-

DSC06970web.jpg

DSC06971web.jpg

DSC06975web.jpg

I'll have to try and get some good shots of it one of these days.

Sandy

Those are GREAT pics of your victorian house!!! :new_shocked: Did you start out with a kit????

I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A KID, MY MUM BOUGHT ME AND MY SISTER TWO DOLLS HOUSES OUT OF THE PAPER SECOND HAND,EVERYTIME WE DECORATED THE DOLLS HOUSE GOT THE SCRAPS OF CARPET AND WALLPAPER THE SAME AS OUR HOUSE,LOL HE ALSO USED TO CUT ROUND OUR FEET WITH CARPET AND LINE OUR WELLY BOOTS,ANYWAY OUR DOLLS HOUSES WENT A YEAR LATER WHEN CHRISTMAS CAME AGAIN,MY MUM HAD TO SELL THEM TO BUY OUR NEXT PRESENTS :eek: LOL BUT I LOVED IT

Sandy you have so many amazing talents! Your gardens are exquisite, your house decor puts Martha's to shame, you have dancing champion show squirrels
default_wink.png
: and now this!
Sandy, you are Incredibly Talented!!! LOVE it! But now I am more than a little curious about the Dancing Champion Show Squirrels too!!! I would do bodily harm to see that!!!! LOL!!!! :bgrin

Nancy
default_smile.png

Back