A colt I'm buying

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaC

Reaction score
I'm really particular about others feelings and privacy so before I'll ever announce something I'm getting

before it is here I'll ask the seller first if it's ok.

I'm very excited to show you a colt I'm buying and I have no idea how to attach his professional pictures from an email to this post.

Anyone care to walk me through it? Sorry I am not pc savvy.

If you want to e-mail the pictures to me, I'll post them for you! [email protected]

I'm using my phone right now, but as soon as I get home I can give you the run-down on how to post pictures
default_smile.png

Hi

If you already own the colt you can post his photo here, otherwise it is not allowed. I would think the seller would let you have any photos of the colt that are available as part of the purchase, ribbons, trophies, etc., the horse has won typically go along with the purchase of a horse.

Why would it not be allowed? The photos are from the seller and I asked permission to post them here specifically,

they said ok and emailed me the pics to do so, so tell me why it is not allowed? (confused)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is allowed if the seller gives permission first-that is if the purchase is still in the works. Otherwise if he's paid for then of course you'd be the new owner and could post all the pictures you'd like
default_smile.png

Well didn't I say above I wouldn't do it without the sellers permission? DUH!!!

I knew about it a couple days ago but waited to mention it here until I asked first since there is still some 'business' to attend to.

No one seem to have an issue with me showing the ones I'm buying from another breeder in another post.

Am I missing something here? Or was there a different between this post and the other when people asked me where I was getting

my others?

I haven't seen the other post, but as long as you have permission you can post the pictures, not a problem. I think mizbeth probably misread and just wanted to make sure you didn't get in trouble. The mods are tough on us sometimes, but that's what makes this forum the best!

What would happen is people would post pics of horses they were thinking about buying, get critiques from forum members withOUT permission of the seller. Needless to say, some owners were very upset with their horses being picked apart in public view without their knowing it.

But pictures that you have permission to post are "legal", and always pictures of horses you own are permitted!
default_aktion033.gif

I can totally see where you're coming from. Never thought of that, probably because I would not do that.

And if I wanted anyones opinion I'd do so in private not public. But ... that's me.

But anyone can do that from simply posting a web site and saying here what do you think of this one?

In which case I'd hope you all would chime in and tell them that's a NO NO
no.gif

I'm not looking for a critique but I certainly can see what you're talking about.

Will say this, I'm committed and I made my decision, the owners and I have agreed

on things and that's that.

If I ever regret a decision on any horse I buy there's always breeding up, selling it or letting the granddaughter's love it.
yes.gif

I would like to mention maybe people should not assume wrong unless it is done.

Don't we all get in enough trouble for what we actually do without having to get in trouble for something

someone thinks we 'might' do lol

And if people read my first sentence did read I would not do it without permission, I was just wondering how to do it. (Post pics) Ok I'm done, got a ton of work to do tonight.

to your original request ....

open your email and download (save) the attachments to your computer (from the email).

Then they are on your computer and you can upload them to PhotoBucket (or where ever you wish to have your albums for posting to LB).

From Photobucket you copy it, then in the LB forum post you select the photo box at the top of this menu (when you are typing your post) and paste the info in from your picture you copied.

you can 'hover' over the icons at the top of your post and it'll display what functions those icons do (to help you identify what does what).

hope that helps some ...

"Well didn't I say above I wouldn't do it without the sellers permission? DUH!!!"

Wow. That was rude.

This post kind of took a wrong turn so lets just drop the subject. It don't matter.

With the turn of the post the excitement and joy of it kind of sizzled out.

Not in my household just with this board.

It dont matter if you own the horse or not...

I own a mare who has been in my name for 2 yrs now and had her pic in my avatar and because the pervious owner claimed she owns the horse My pic was removed and was told that I cant post pics of her or info about her. AGAIN the mare is in my name with both AMHA and AMHR for 2 yrs but was still removed because of someone making a complaint.

Sometimes people just have a funny way of dealing with things.

We should never assume someone is doing or going to do something wrong unless one knows for sure.

Assuming and not reading a post in full can lead to misunderstandings like in these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back