A Challenging Question for everyone with Mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodnldy

Reaction score
If you could wish for a better mousetrap to enhance your experience with your miniature horses ,what would it be?? For showing, for everyday, anything??

A duplicate of myself so that one could stay home and do all the horse chores, training, and fun things while I worked to pay for it all.
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

I would love to see a halter for minis that had a velcro crown piece going from one top halter ring to the other. Ideally it would serve as a breakaway halter that could be left on those minis that are hard to catch, and also serve for use in liberty classes when you need to get that halter on fast. And for everything else too.

More large animal veterinarians familiar with miniature horses special needs.

MORE LARGE ANIMAL VETERINARIANS!

Someone out there makes those halters, We have one its velcro and works great ! I do not remember where we got it though.

Respect from all the "big horse" people who think that Minis are defective, worthless mutants. I am so tired of people putting them down: "you can't do anything with them; they're all dwarfs; you Mini people only breed for color, not conformation; why would you have one of THOSE when you could have a horse you can ride," ad nauseum.

I was reamed out once- on a GUINEA PIG Forum, yet- for breeding Miniatures! And I never even POSTED about them, someone searched out my profile. Accused me of breeding dwarfy horses, when I asked her to name them, she said, and I quote: " admit I skimmed the site "

*sigh*

Lucy

More large animal veterinarians familiar with miniature horses special needs.
MORE LARGE ANIMAL VETERINARIANS!
Amen to that...

For those that only have one or two minis, how about smaller bags of feed, so they stay fresher while you feed them up. Someone with only one mini, feeding say a ration balancer (usually 1/2# or less daily); one bag (50#) would last over 3 months and it could go bad in that time depending on the conditions (weather, humidity, etc).

How about a better selection of halters that don't cost a small fortune (I've seen basic mini stable halters with higher prices than the full-size versions).

Respect from all the "big horse" people who think that Minis are defective, worthless mutants. I am so tired of people putting them down: ";; you Mini people only breed for color, not conformation; ad nauseum.
I

*sigh*

Lucy
I hear this all the time but sadly can't really argue with them I can only tell them what I choose to do with my program and how I have learned and grown since getting my first minis.

Ditto Joanne & Field of Dreams but to add I would like a farrier that knows miniature hooves and any equine dentist. Here in Illinois I am having a heck of a time finding an equine dentist.

A magic wand I could wave over the horse that would instantly reduce its winter hair to a perfect, short, big-horse-like summer coat without all that back-breaking clipping!

The thing I really want I already have, and that's a horse vac/blower. Those things are like a miracle! It has completely changed how I care for my horses and reduced my grooming time tremendously. I can now clip or clean my horses in the depths of winter without getting them wet or chilly and keep away some of those nasty skin conditions. In the summer, that billowing dust from rolling in the dirtiest dirt possible is GONE long before the harness hits the horse. Hallelujeia! I still curry and brush to stimulate the skin and spread oils and all that but now it's a pleasure as I'm not getting filthy while I do it and the fur feels so much softer.

Leia

hey davie are you sure the world is ready for 2 of you? lol just kidding

Tack shops to carry items for miniature horses....vets that have more knowledge on the small equine, and more open shows for the people that only have a few minis that are treated more like family then like a business .

quote]

Amen to that...

For those that only have one or two minis, how about smaller bags of feed, so they stay fresher while you feed them up. Someone with only one mini, feeding say a ration balancer (usually 1/2# or less daily); one bag (50#) would last over 3 months and it could go bad in that time depending on the conditions (weather, humidity, etc).

How about a better selection of halters that don't cost a small fortune (I've seen basic mini stable halters with higher prices than the full-size versions).

How about mini blankets and sheets that don't cost as much if not more than a big horse blanket. I'm tired of finally finding a blanket that will fit my mare only to have it cost $125+.....

amanda

squeaky said:
How about mini blankets and sheets that don't cost as much if not more than a big horse blanket. I'm tired of finally finding a blanket that will fit my mare only to have it cost $125+.....
Amen! Forgot about that but you're right.

Leia

squeaky said:
Amen! Forgot about that but you're right.

Leia
Hmm I dont have this problem there is a place that sells really nice winter blankets for $45. I want more places that build those nice grooming chutes that can raise or lower like the ones they make for sheep but not have to pay thousands of dollars for one.

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE PRIOR POSTS... I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE ONE ABOUT... HAVE A DUPLICATE OF YOURSELF TO STAY HOME AND DO CHORES WHILE THE OTHER ONE WORKS TO PAY BILLS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE BLANKET/HALTER ISSUES AND COSTS...

Last edited by a moderator:
REAL Miniature Horse performance gear (like the big horses have!), like longeing cavessons, high quality open bridles, sport boots, and hoof boots that FIT!

Back