A Before & After - clipped a yearling today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
We're taking this yearling gelding to show this weekend. He's a bit of a bronc, having spent most of his life on pasture with the boys, but very sweet, and learning so fast!! We were excited to see what we uncovered, and I wanted to show him off!!

kipperbefore.jpg

kiprusoff1.jpg

kiprusoff.jpg

We also did some clipping on this little filly, she's a yearling as well, and growing based on how bum high she is right now! LOL! She still had a LONG winter coat, that was matting like crazy, we'd pull off what we could but she just needed some clipping done, so it's not a good job cause we wanted to leave her with some hair, but I"m sure she feels much better now! She's a roan too, so every little difference in hair length shows.

So .... how tall do you think she is? I'm curious what height she looks like. No fair checking my website! ;)

scarlet1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

He was actually surprisingly good about his head, and even his ears, he was busy watching the lambs roaming the yard and hardly noticed I was clipping his ears!! Now his front legs on the other hand .... they have some hairy spots on the insides of his fetlocks, and they might just stay that way!
default_wacko.png
:

I don't think he's going to be winning at this show, as he's mostly untrained, halter broke enough to lead up to the barn get his feet cut and that's it, but I am looking forward to showing him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! He looks great Kendra. I can't wait to see him. I started clipping Bear again today..he was real good untill his ears...I think I need to train him to lay down...lol.

Nah Dali, apparently all you need is a few fat little lambs roaming in his range of vision!! ;-)

Haha thats so funny.. I did get his ears done..after alot of this :ugh: but I finally got the insides done. I know you are so busy during stampede but would you mind taking him again for me?..I totally understand if you are too busy he just stands better for other people..lol especially you.

I'd love to show him Dali, but if you aren't showing Copper, why don't you show him? I saw you show him in Rocky last year and he stood like a pro!

Scarlet is 26.75" right now, she's recently had a growth spurt because for the first few months we had her she stayed steady at 25.5". I am quite impressed with her long legs for such a shrimper, and she can trot!!

scarlethead2.jpg
scarletnew.jpg

Latest posts

Back