96 yr old woman decks her roomie!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
My 96 (almost 97) yr old grandmother has been living in a nursing home for a year, because she is not always mentally "there" anymore and also can not walk on her own anymore due to a broken hip last year. She had to share her room with another elderly woman, but they never got along...and in the past have had "words" over a stuffed animal!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Well, I got an email from my mom yesturday, telling me that my grandma punched her roommate in the jaw!! OMG!! LOL!! (This is from a woman who has never had a violent bone in her body before!) I personally think it is totally hilarious, knowing my grandma's size (she is all of 5' tall, if that anymore) and age! :lol:

They moved her to a "private" room, since they feel she can't be trusted sharing a room anymore... :eek:

Good for her- gosh I wonder which side of the family you take after??

Now I know how to get a private room in Hospital without paying for it!!! :lol:

Took the words right out of my mouth Fizz. When I get to the nursing home stage my "roomie" better watch out!!!
default_wink.png
:

GOLDEN GLOVES!
default_firstprize.gif
: The winnah and champeen! :aktion033:

I loved that story Linda!

In my opinion "They" asked for what they got. Knowing there was a problem and doing nothing about it until it got to this point is their fault. Not all women get along no matter what age.

They failed to except the warning signs and make her comfortable in her enviroment.

Send her a kiss for me. She is still very fiesty and may have mental blocks at times but surely knows what she likes and dislikes.

I have worked in facilities and this has been a problem and usually the staff just blow it off. So sad

Traci

Thats so funny! Except if the poor old lady that got hit was your grandmother!!

He He! You've gotta love them! My great grandma did the same thing. She used to be the sweetest little old lady. But when we put her in a home, she wasn't happy about it. When family would come to visit, she would fake pass out so everyone would go home. And her roomate got clocked a few times too! She was truly the good old fighting Irish! Every St. Patricks day we put green carnations on her grave.

I tell you mad little old ladies are scary!! :lol: :lol:

My Grandmother was always feisty but when she got really old she lost any 'softness' she ever had and would just say it as she saw it!! It wasn't always pretty!! But I adored her but never wanted to cross her either!

Don't mess with Grandma!
default_wink.png
:

[SIZE=10pt]Dont mess with old age is what I say. God willing we will all be there some day. Lots of older folks have alziemers - something that may appear funny or in most cases - annoying to the rest of us. It is a terrible thing to have happen. ( I am not saying this had any thing to do with this story - just thought it was worth mentioning...)[/SIZE]

Lori

GOOOOO GRANNNNYY :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

OK so I plan to dye my hair purple and carry a cane and black bag to "WHACK" people with when I get to that age :new_shocked: :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Back