600.00 dollar mistake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
I should have checked first, and will explain what happened in case others have this situation that has cost me 600.00 total when I could have spent 200.00 plus 3 late stallion reports and 3 registrations.

I had 2 fillies, a yearling and a 2 year old, both registered "A" only.

I own the dam of these fillies and she has a weanling colt this year who I registered "A" as well.

This summer I hardshipped the two fillies to AMHR and decided to FINALLY, hardship the dam as well.

I was advised that I could hardship the dam and then file a late stallion report to register her 2011 colt AMHR.

I should have just hardshipped the dam first and filed late stallion reports for the 2 year old, the yearling and the weanling.

Totally my fault and wish I had of given more thought to the matter.

It would be nice if AMHR could adjust the price for you, could you ask ?

I guess I could see if they might give me an adjustment of some sort.

I have really spent a lot over the past many years with hardshipping, registrations, memberships etc. at AMHR.

It is totally my fault though, as I should have discussed it with them before starting the process. I have had the mare for long enough that it should have been the first thing I did when I got her
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

My purpose was just to give my experience in order to save someone else from making such a costly mistake.

Genie, so sorry that you spent so much extra........it's a darn shame but thanks for posting as you probably will help save someone else from making that mistake. Also, I wouldn't hesitate to ask if they would refund some of your money. It certainly won't cost you anything to ask and the worst that can happen is that they say no. I was just reading in a magazine the number of doctors that will actually accept less money from their patents when asked. I will admit that one time my children's pediatrician charged me for an "extended visit" /translation $100 instead of $40 so I asked what made it extended? Just trying to figure out why, when they couldn't come up with a good reason they decided to charge me $65 which was a whole lot better than a hundred.

SampleMM-at the hospitals I worked at, it was not the doctors who decide your bill. They went through a different party who read through the doctors notes and then determined cost by that. It can be frustrating-i was a receptionist so had to deal with a lot of that. I am assuming the registries probably do that stuff themselves which should make things easier for you, Genie.

What a bummer, hopefully AMHR will help out on that.

I have a colt here that I'm doing the hardship the darn, late stallion report, definitely a cheaper option!

I should have asked AMHR some questions first.

Maybe it isn't possible to file a late stallion report for one year and two years back.

It was fine to hardship the dam this year and file the late stallion report for 2010, and the birth of the 2011 foal.

AMHR is very quick and easy to deal with. They get things back in a hurry and it makes it nice.

I wrote to AMHR and they say they process work as presented.

If you make an error and ask for 2 hardships when you can do it a cheaper way then it's your loss.

I can understand that with the size of the AMHR membership it is likely easier to just do as requested and not provide alternatives that may be more cost effective.

$400.00 down the drain is an expensive lesson
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back