41'' stallion to a 36'' mare-

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
Would you breed a 41'' shetland pony to a 36'' shetland pony?

Thanks,

Gage

Gage hello!

Oh yes I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. Is your Shetland mare young and has she had any foals yet? If she is a young 2-year-old and not very mature, I might wait until she was 3...but they both have larger/smaller Shetland linage so you will not have a problem. If your mare is also AMHR reg. then I would try to breed her to another under 38" Shetland that is also reg. AMHR...just so you could get a double reg. foal(JMO), but if that doesn't matter to you, then I would think you will get a fine and healthy foal
aktion033.gif

What are your ponies bloodlines?

Happy new Year,

Jenny

saludando.gif

well, she isnt mine, but I was thinking about purchising her, since she is in foal to this stallion for $1500.00(if she is still forsale) and when the foal was born in the spring either sell the mother, or sell the foal, and make that money back of her! I DO want to hardship her to AMHR, and if I did I would work on breeding her to a really small shetland, to eventually get an A size shetland!

Gage

[SIZE=14pt]Gage, I have a shetland stallion that is 3 this year he is also amhr registered and when he is 5 he will be amha.... he is under 33 inches... There are definitely some small A sized shetlands out there. Getetia also has one.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back