4 Horses killed in Isanti County, MN by bored Teens

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree wholeheartedly! It's a sad world today, there is so much violence in every day life that it doesn't seem real to kids, they are so inundated with killing games, movies, etc that they become immune to caring and thinking, they just look for a quick thrill without any idea of the devastation they cause.

krisp
You know KrisP, it absolutely scares me to death to realize that you are right about this? They have no conscience, no remorse, no responsibility for what they have done, and they just don't care... Don't get me wrong, there are alot of Amazing kids out there, doing Amazing things, I applaud them, but there are so many that just don't care about anything anymore, you are so right, they are just *immune* to caring what they do. Very frightening.

Lewella, I can't find anything more about the Charges being pressed, if you see anything on Friday, could you post on it, so we can follow this? I am like Bonnie, I am praying that they are held to task for this, and not let off with just a slap on the wrist. They need to send a message here, and they have the chance with this case.

Nancy

You know about a year and a half ago we had something not as bad happen that so ticked me off. I'm about a mile from town but back a lane, the NEXT farm down the road had someone go INTO thier horse barn, take brooms and open their doors and BEAT THEIR HORSES to chase them out into the pasture and then they opened the pasture gates and tried to chase them out onto our state route!

This wasn't enough "fun" for them, they did the same at the next farm and got the horses out into the road!

If I would have lived on the road it would have been a barn full of stallions and a herd of broodmares!

I figured out who it was and was SO embarassed, it was the son of the wife of the couple we sold our old farm to, she'd left him with his drunken dad to raise and now that they (she and NEW husband, good man) moved to the farm they let him move in with them and their 3 small sons, he's 18 and already got a record. I WAS going to go talk to the parents but my father died that day and I never got around to it, the sheriff never dusted for prints so they had no evidence but he was seen walking there right then by another neighbor.

I'm sure they did it "just because" and "just for fun" BTW, this was at 1am in the morning.

Oh, and he's a daddy too, yippee, another generation of em

krisp

Last edited by a moderator:
Krisp i would just like to point out that studies have been done in the past. Books with voilence in them are more probable to be the reason why teens act this way. As far as them not being able to care about what they have done and have no remorse is caused by what they see and hear about in the news. Kids, and teens know what they see in movies and video games are not real. Nothing is to blame but soicty, But if you must blame something else please include books and the media as well as games and movies is your list. I'm not starting to start anything, sorry if this off topic. I think what thses boys did is horrible, and like i said before i want them to get what was coming to them. and if this happened near me and i knew about it soon enough i would go after them myself.

-Storm

Latest posts

Back