4 Horses killed in Isanti County, MN by bored Teens

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMMack

Reaction score
4 Horses were killed by two 16 year old boys in Isanti County, Minnesota.

The 2 boys had skipped school and were bored, so they decided to go out and shoot some Livestock. They killed 4 horses and 1 cow. A passerby saw what they were doing, and called 911, the Police responded, and caught the 2 boys.

Here is the video - it just makes me sick, that some people have so little regard for life, that they would do this because they were "bored" and thought it would be something *Fun* to do... :no:

http://kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=23...id=117969&bw=hi

They said that the 2 are facing Felony Animal Cruelty charges for each animal shot. I hope that they throw the book at them. :no:

Nancy

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I am just speechless! That is the saddest thing I have seen :no:

I also hope they get the book thrown at them! Disgusting.

MA

well, I hope they do MORE then throw the book at them! They wouldnt want me as there judge! That is the worst thing I have ever heard. Corinne

Regretfully,

if its anything like here they will be charged with a misdemeanor and released to their parents!

And that will be it,hope I am wrong but see it time after time.

please let me be wrong on this one!

Bonnie

Gross l sure know what l'd do with
default_thumbdown.gif
: those bored teens.

I just don't get it! There must be a serious screw loose in those boys. Makes me sick.

Sad....................... :no:

Quite a few years ago, there was a man in our saddle club that raised Appaloosa's and some teen boys did the same thing....They had gotten a new gun, and went out practicing...........They shot and killed 3 of his Mares that where due to foal anyday......So not only did they kill the mares they killed 3 foals.

It was awful.....We did do a cessarian on them after to see the foals, and they where completely formed, and full of hair, one I will never forget was a Beautiful solid black with white blanket......Oh how hard that was....
default_sad.png

I personally would have probably ended up in jail if I would have gotten my hands on them, I know they had all kinds of charges against them, but since they where minors, I think they pretty much got off with a slap on the wrist in my opinion. NOT RIGHT AT ALL! :no:

It's too bad animal abuse isn't looked at as a very serious crime in our country. I agree with the others who said those punks will probably get off pretty easy, minors or not!

There is strong local support to have them charged and tried as adults. There is also a group seeking input from other horse people to how tragedies like this effect the whole industry. They can be contacted by email at [email protected] - the boys are supposed to go to court on Friday - until then they are locked up.

Oh the nerve!!!

They better be happy i hold no authority where they live!

I'd lock those two brats up in Juvi untill they were 21!!!

Things like this just disgust me and make me sick to my stomach!
default_torch.gif
: I hope they get their just desserts and get a thousand books thrown at them. Those poor animals...just breaks my heart....they did'nt deserve this...all they wanted was to exsist and be happy.
default_sad.png

the only thing i can say is if i got my hands on thses teens i would make them board. These teens IMO are old enough to be tried as adults, they were just asking for it....this just makes me mad, so mad, and disheartened. All i can say is if this happend to any animal i own or a friend owns i would be going on a man hunt, animals are the greatst thing in my life, animals don't lie. I hope those kids get real jail time, real long jail time, and i hope all the convicts scare the crap out of them.

All i can think, is what if this happend to my horse when i owned him, selling him was bad enough. What if happend to him now, i could not take it. I feel for the horses and the cows owners.

My horses are my family and it sounds like those horses were kids beloved pets. I am appauled.

Something else I just started thinking about that might not be popular but in my opinion THE PARENTS should also be held accountable. Maybe they could all do time together and appear on Springer when they are released!
default_jerry.gif
:

Makes me sick!! I'd also be on jail if I got my hands on them!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Well, like most teens who cause trouble I'm sure mommy and daddy will stand up for them and say "but Jooohneee is suuuuuch a goooooood boy, he'd neeeever do annnnyyyyy thing like this". That of course is where it usually starts. So few kids are held accountable these days for poor behavior.

Well, like most teens who cause trouble I'm sure mommy and daddy will stand up for them and say "but Jooohneee is suuuuuch a goooooood boy, he'd neeeever do annnnyyyyy thing like this". That of course is where it usually starts. So few kids are held accountable these days for poor behavior.
I agree wholeheartedly! It's a sad world today, there is so much violence in every day life that it doesn't seem real to kids, they are so inundated with killing games, movies, etc that they become immune to caring and thinking, they just look for a quick thrill without any idea of the devastation they cause.

krisp

This is absolutely horrible!!! I can not understand "why" someone would do something like that to an animal.

I agree with what kris said, "there is so much violence in every day life that it doesn't seem real to kids, they are so inundated with killing games, movies, etc that they become immune to caring and thinking, they just look for a quick thrill without any idea of the devastation they cause."

Sad!! but True!!!! It is so hard to even find anything on tv that doesn't have a lot of killing and violence in it.

Latest posts

Back