343 days and counting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
0003686.jpg

Intrepid at 343 days today. So much for powerful thunderstorms with inch sized hail and a full moon.
default_wacko.png
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Same here, Bailey is still holding out but her bag is starting to grow..... Storms and full moon notwithstanding..... that baby wants another month rent free.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Same here, Bailey is still holding out but her bag is starting to grow..... Storms and full moon notwithstanding..... that baby wants another month rent free.[/SIZE]

Lyn
My brother had told me that "doneness times are only for a guideline as some ovens operate at different temperatures." :lol:

Still waiting here - my mom had said that Intrepid might foal on Mother's Day... I said giving her guilt doesn't help at all. :lol:

Calcium back down to 200ppm, pH down to 7.2 this AM. Yawn.

Denise

Silversong Farm

She'll foal when she is ready. I am done foal watch until end of July. Right now i have a half mini/half shetland black colt on ground, a light beige mini colt on ground and just Saturday a gorgeous sorrel and white pinto mini filly. Now i just have one more mini mare due end of July. So I can relax for awhile now. :bgrin You can see my foals at http://www.spharabians.piczo.com. Enjoy!
default_thumbup.gif
:

And the really scary part here is.... she's got another 28 days to go before she even sets a new record for herself. I dont envy you at this point !

default_rolleyes.gif
: Made it to day 349... guess we are trying to make "Fred"'s "355 club"... or at least make it to her last record gestation that Spazkat had to endure...
default_wacko.png
:

Need more pool test strips... this AM we changed the hardness to 400 very quickly - pH holding at 7.2 - udder more full this AM, baby's butt or elbow was giving a bulge similar to the one that Lyn's Bailey has/had...

Like the Energizer Bunny, we are still going! :lol: How long, nobody knows except baby "Moe" ("he" has a name). I feel like he is a colt.
default_yes.gif
:

Cold front came through here last night and everyone else is pretty frisky. Off to get more straw, strips and coffee!
default_yes.gif
:

Lyn, if you are reading, how is your Bailey? And is Savannah yours, too? I hope somebody foals - even someone else's baby pictures and stories would help my tired eyes! Intrepid has gotten to the point that she moves her leg for me to give me access to her udder - now that is a nice mare - Mercy would have had me pinned to the wall with her ears pinned if I even wanted a peek but she is much nicer now that she is not expecting - I can clip back there and everything!

Denise

Silversong Farm

[SIZE=14pt]Bailey is still holding out... she is 352 days! slightly fuller bag, kicked at her stomach a few times last night but not alot, very slow about her dinner and I thought ...well maybe..... NOT, and yes.... Savannah is now mine too! She is the mare that Ginny St Pierre bought from me a few years back and brought back to me bred when she heard about my two lost mares and fillies this year. Darling woman! Anyway. They are both due.... the mare from Doc Taylors sale is coming home from NY monday and Bruce has her in a foaling stall at home because she is imminently due...WHEW! Somebody better have a baby soon![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Bailey is still holding out... she is 352 days! slightly fuller bag, kicked at her stomach a few times last night but not alot, very slow about her dinner and I thought ...well maybe..... NOT, and yes.... Savannah is now mine too! She is the mare that Ginny St Pierre bought from me a few years back and brought back to me bred when she heard about my two lost mares and fillies this year. Darling woman! Anyway. They are both due.... the mare from Doc Taylors sale is coming home from NY monday and Bruce has her in a foaling stall at home because she is imminently due...WHEW! Somebody better have a baby soon![/SIZE]

Lyn

Wow... now is Bruce at Horse Breeders this weekend? I hope he has recovered after his surgery.
default_yes.gif
:

We thought about going a few weeks ago until Intrepid decided to hold out... I know she is planning to deliver on June 7th when I have the high school awards night I have been planning for a few months now...
default_wacko.png
:

Here's hoping SOMEONE foals but it will definitely not be Intrepid tonight... she is same as always on the pool strips and 2 squares on the Predict a Foal strips and her udder is a ljust ittle bigger - she has room to fill it for sure. The weather is cold here today so I don't mind that she is waiting. Yawn.

Denise

Silversong Farm

[SIZE=14pt]Yes he is at Breeders but he assures me that he just sits in his chair till someone hands him a horse to take in the ring.... thats all.... I will ask my spies later![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Yes he is at Breeders but he assures me that he just sits in his chair till someone hands him a horse to take in the ring.... thats all.... I will ask my spies later![/SIZE]

Lyn

Wow - I don't think I could survive any show after surgery like that - my own nerves would kill me right then and there!
default_yes.gif
:

As predicted, Intrepid had a relaxing night, sleeping in her bedding, eating, not too concerned about the fact that she is driving me crazy!

Yes, she will foal when she is ready but this is my first experience with an overdue mare and like the old saying goes - a watched pot never boils.
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back