299 days... should I start worrying?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJS

Reaction score
Hi, my mare is 299 day today... she is slowly bagging up, rump is softening, and some loose stools... but not everyone.

this is her 3rd foal ...

Hand bred so i am sure of dates.

Should i be worrying?

thank you

she is lying down for long spells, and rolling .... frequently ... all health signs are normal.

Winchester-20120421-00379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Her bag looks like it's just forming, not huge. My bet is she's still a number of days away, but I would watch her because bags can change in a matter of hours sometimes.

Have you been able to get liquid from her teats? If the liquid is super sticky, then I'd watch her like a hawk.

I was going to say the same thing as Miniv except I've just had a mare foal with a bag that looked about like that...It tightened a bit and 12 hours later she foaled..

We've had a number of foals born in the 290s and all was well with them. A couple needed help staying warm, and one needed a little hlep nursing, but otherwise they were well.

Fluid sticky... all moving along nicely< just early.... going to bring her home under camera tomorrow... unable to get the trailer off the land, so much rain.. completely bogged in, so, planning to walk her home, distance about 2.5 miles... will be a very gentle stroll with her field companion.

Thanks for your advice and any more is always appreciated.

hows she doing...did she foal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
still hanging in...thankfully... Foal is kicking his way out I think!... just had vet check her over, increased heart rate and edema around her bag and vulva.

Last few knights she has been restless, loose stools, picky with her feed... kicking her tummy and up and down..

Only time...

thanks for asking,

kim

Latest posts

Back