2023 crafting for all...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valentine letters against my grandfathers old told chest. I love finding bits and pieces on my walks and planning how they can become letters. The candy box is filled with Bakelite and celluloid buttons.
And the heart pin cushion is on an old side saddle stirrup a cousin found in a field.

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 1
  • stirrup heart2.jpg
    stirrup heart2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 1
A garland made of old coverlet. I used paper buttons in the center of the hearts. Paper buttons were made during WW II when metal was scarce. Did you notice that wonderful horse figurine? I got it at the local antique store in its original box. It was made in South Africa.

Attachments

• coverlet heart garland.jpg
    coverlet heart garland.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 1
  • coverlet heart.jpg
    coverlet heart.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 1
The horse is wonderful! The garland is wonderful! I love the part about paper buttons. It is a testament to how people make do in times of less and nothing.

Actually, from your photos, I think your whole house would be wonderful to see!
I keep trying to go more primitive in my house, but cannot let go of things that are traditional. Call me eclectic...

Has anyone made pine cone flowers? These are my first. The cones really absorb the paint! I need to go over them to add more paint and brighten them up. If I make more, I think I will spray paint them first so the color coat doesn't take so much paint.
The board they are on is from the black school in our town, which closed around 1960. The school was named after the poet Paul Dunbar.

Attachments

• pine cone flowers.jpg
    pine cone flowers.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 1
Has anyone made pine cone flowers? These are my first. The cones really absorb the paint! I need to go over them to add more paint and brighten them up. If I make more, I think I will spray paint them first so the color coat doesn't take so much paint.
The board they are on is from the black school in our town, which closed around 1960. The school was named after the poet Paul Dunbar.
I have not heard of these. I love them. I think I would like to try. How do you flatten the cones out?

Latest posts

Back