2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm working on some wooden animals. Thinking of making a primitive ark, but just playing with animals for now. These will all be antiqued eventually. And these will have leather tails. I'm working on a cow right now, and then a tiger. I couldn't find a good pattern suitable for my amateur skills so I just drew some on graph paper. I'm getting more comfortable with the scroll saw.wood animals.jpg

Any quilts in the works?
I have a twin sized horse theme quilt that needs to be sandwiched and quilted, but waiting on a chance to go to town and use a bigger (pet free) space to lay it out and pin the layers. [Thanks to Covid our usual quilt guild spot is closed, and they had the big tables. But, a friend, graciously offered her sewing space/tables; so just need time to get it done.]
I have a lap size quilt also waiting for sandwiching and quilting, but should be able to do this one at home.
Working on a mystery quilt for guild. [Tax prep and paperwork interrupted working on it, but I should be able to get going again on it soon.] I have most of my blocks done; just working on the last clue and set of blocks; then we'll get the assembly directions in a couple months. Went a little quicker than it normally would, as due to Covid we were given all the clues in November, instead of just one per meeting; so just need assembly direction (I think in April). Meetings are starting up again in February, as we found a new location with a bigger floor space, so we can more easily socially distance.
I have plans for two more quilts, fabric purchased and pattern picked for one. Once taxes are done, I'll have time to sew again.
I don't have much for pictures, but can share a couple of pics of the horse quilt, just pieces, as it wasn't assembled when I took the pictures. And, a few pictures of the mystery quilt parts.

Attachments

• 2020 - winter enchantment - pile of pieces.jpg
    2020 - winter enchantment - pile of pieces.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - blocks 1 and 2.jpg
    2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - blocks 1 and 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - block 5 and 6.jpg
    2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - block 5 and 6.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - block 4.jpg
    2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - block 4.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3
The shading on the blue guild quite sure makes the pattern pop.
Yes, finding a good, clean place to lay things out can be a problem.
I texted about my flower quilt, which has been with a quilting group since March last year. I was assured I was on the list, but I have no idea on a time line.

I am nearly finished with by L-shaped bread box. I have very little pantry space so the counter is always messy looking with bread/snacks/root veggies. Just need a little paint touch up!

Next I finally am going to make some unicorn horns and outfits for the ponies, but that will have to wait a while probably, too much house organizing needs to be done.

Attachments

• 141893437_782714685660762_6257676812595695424_n.jpg
    141893437_782714685660762_6257676812595695424_n.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 7
I am nearly finished with by L-shaped bread box. I have very little pantry space so the counter is always messy looking with bread/snacks/root veggies. Just need a little paint touch up!

Next I finally am going to make some unicorn horns and outfits for the ponies, but that will have to wait a while probably, too much house organizing needs to be done.
That really works and looks great on the countertop!
I know, the tug o' war between house and horse can be a challenge.

More animals. Might redo the cow face. Hope to work on a crocodile today. Learning how to do cut-outs, like the tiger tail, with the scroll saw. And I got a nice cross stitch pattern in the mail yesterday, so I need to get my floss organized for that project.

Attachments

• animals.jpg
    animals.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 6
The Ark so far. Having trouble getting painting supplies where I live, so have not finished it. It is an old cheesebox and I plan to paint it a gray wash. I think I will make it a pull toy. Not very happy with the cow, as she is out of proportion, so I may make a new one.

Attachments

• ark so far.jpg
    ark so far.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 10
Got the wheels on the ark. My husband had to end up helping me with the axle blocks as I was too scared of the drill press to drill such a long board. Just need to drill a hole in the box, find an appropriate primitive string, and I will have an Ark pull toy. I might end up making more animals. Maybe a porcupine. Something horned, like a deer. I could make the antlers out of wire.

Attachments

• ark with wheels.jpg
    ark with wheels.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 7
Got the wheels on the ark. My husband had to end up helping me with the axle blocks as I was too scared of the drill press to drill such a long board. Just need to drill a hole in the box, find an appropriate primitive string, and I will have an Ark pull toy. I might end up making more animals. Maybe a porcupine. Something horned, like a deer. I could make the antlers out of wire.
It looks so good!!

Latest posts

Back