2009 Area Shows? Other convention news?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Wondering about what happened at convention! I wish there were a member news section that was kept up to date on the web site!

Sorry no Area dates. All I know is on July 4th weekend the Area 4 show is being held in IL and the Area 5 show is held in June somewhere in OK.

ADD: All pleasure classes to have the option to either have a boot and basket, as they now have or the option of stirrups and a dust apron.

FAILED

ADD: No walk through of courses are required for all open and amateur classes. A walk through for all youth classes is optional and will be decided by show management.

FAILED

ADD: In order to show at the national show all horses must have been shown at sanctioned AMHR shows under 4 approved judges at 2 or more locations. EXCEPTIONS: Any horse/exhibitor combination placing in the top 3 in their class at anyone of the National Area Shows.

FAILED

ADD: Shows held at the same location must have 5 days between each show in order for each show at the location to be a qualifying show for the AMHR National Show. EXCEPTION: Two clubs hosting different show and using 2 different sets of judges at the same location on consecutive days.

PASSED

ADD: Youth Park Harness class as an optional class except at the AMHR Nationals where it will be required.

PASSED

ADD: No aerosol sprays to be allowed during any portion of a versatility class, brushes and towels to be used only.

FAILED

ADD: A pony or horse that has reached HOF status in any classes may no longer enter those classes.

FAILED

JUMPING: Touches and displacements of any part of an obstacle or its flags in whatever direction, while in the act of jumping, do not count as a knockdown.

PASSED

There was also a proposal sent about a different way for youth to qualify for Nationals with their horse, didn't really understand it, but it Failed.

Starting with 2009 foals, in 2012, they will have for the AMHR Futurity, pleasure driving, roadster, country pleasure driving, and western country pleasure driving.

Also the same set of judges like always for the youth/amateur, and your futurity judge, now there will be a set of 3 judges for your open halter and a set of 3 judges for open performance at AMHR Nationals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Area Show Dates for 2009:

Area 1:

July 3-4, 2009 Harrington ,Deleware

Area 2:

June 19, 20, 21, 2009 Centerville, Michigan

Area 3:

June 6, 7, 8, 2009 Perry, Georgia

Area 4:

July 3, 4, 5, 2009 Rantoul, Illinois

Area 5:

June 26, 27, 28, 2009 Ardmore, Oklahoma

Area 6:

June 26, 27, 28, 2009 Des Moines, Iowa

Area 7:

May 8-9, 2009 Redlands, Ca?

Area 8:

May 12, 13, 14, 2009 Spanway, Washington

Karen

I actually heard from Sharon Bullington that Pacific Crown got the regional show for Area 8...and the dates are May 29-31st at the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway...I tried calling to confirm because I see Karen listed another set of dates. I don't believe there are any other mini shows for that weekend in Spanaway...so hopefully I'll hear something shortly.

Tracy

Tracy you got the dates for the show syde le and myself are still and the airport trying to come home we will see you at the show and if you need any thing let we know cuz I dont mind helping out another club

P.S. this was my first one and it was great

Thanks Bob...that's what I thought but figured I would verify...I knew Sharon was there and I had her check after I heard the first time. Oh, and we're talking now with Jim Curry about being our judge...he is a National judge this year...so I'm pretty excited about that as well!

Tracy

Thanks Bob...that's what I thought but figured I would verify...I knew Sharon was there and I had her check after I heard the first time. Oh, and we're talking now with Jim Curry about being our judge...he is a National judge this year...so I'm pretty excited about that as well!
Tracy
Jim sound pretty positive about it 7 is the same date.and Jims a great judge

OK, now I am totally confused!!! Is it the middle of May, or the end?

Tracy, congrats on getting the area show! That is GREAT news!

Area 2:
June 19, 20, 21, 2009 Centerville, Michigan
Oh geez
default_wacko.png
, i think it should have stayed right here at Ashland...big mistake if you ask me !!!

Leeana,

That should be pretty close for you. I mapquested it and for me it is less than 5 hours which is closer than Midland for me. As much as I love Ashland I will still support the area show and I believe or at least I hope that there will still be a show at Ashland the week preceding. I must add though for one judge even though it is 3 sets of points it will depend on the Judge. I will be anxiously awaiting at what facility it is located at.

Arlene

We were really lucky to have the area 2 show here in Ohio 2 years in a row. I think a lot of people do not understand that the area show is supposed to rotate but because of a conflict Ohio got in 2 years in a row. (it was supposed to be in Michigan last year)

Kay

We were really lucky to have the area 2 show here in Ohio 2 years in a row. I think a lot of people do not understand that the area show is supposed to rotate but because of a conflict Ohio got in 2 years in a row. (it was supposed to be in Michigan last year)
Kay
Hrmm....interesting. And what conflict was that?

Yes, the area show is supose to rotate, i felt it was wonderful having it at Ashland and was ran great, always enjoy that show grounds...i and a few others enjoyed the hospitality at ashland....

Sheryl there was some kind of conflict with another show in MIchigan and the dates. I believe it was a Hackney show but Im not positive.

I also love Ashland and think they did a great job hosting the area 2 show. Several friends have emailed me thinking it was in Ohio every year so that is why I posted that it normally does rotate every year.

Yes, it has in the past rotated between Michigan and Ohio. The Michigan club that usually hosts it did not file the paperwork in time to host this years Area 2 show, that is why it was in Ashland this year. Hopefully the Area 2 show will be hosted at Ashland again as I believe that was the largest turn out the Area 2 show has ever had.

As far as the dates, the Michigan Club holds their show the 3rd weekend in the month of June. For whatever reason when that club reserved the Midland, MI fairground for this year's show, they reserved the 2nd weekend in June by mistake.

I could not find in the rulebook where it says that the National Area Shows are suppose to rotate. It does say that it is the hope of the National Area Show Committee that an area show wil move around within the geographical confines of an area to make it more accessible. However, even if there has been a know rotation schedule each location must apply for the show following the rules outlined in the rulebook.

Item K quoted from the rule book:

A new proposao must be submitted each year outlining show plans even when show location/host may be known due to rotation schedule. Show hosts failing to do so may lose their rotation and show could be bumped to the next host.

National Area show information can be found in the rulebook

Secion XII

National Shows,Award programs, Awards and Incentives

Begining on page 319-322

Arlene

Latest posts

Back