2007 Keystone Classic AMHR Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was wanting to go to this show last year and didn't make it. From what I've read it's May 31, 2008. I would like to go this year but it depends on my money situation. I was wondering if anyone went last year? If so, how many horses/exhibitors were there? Is it a big show? Thanks for your help.

Becky M.

We went to the Keystone Classic last year for the first time
default_yes.gif

It's out in PA, and I really, really enjoyed it. The people were very nice, and very friendly! What I liked the most was there were a lot of really nice B horses, out in NJ those classes rarely fill.
default_wacko.png
I would definatly reccommend going! It's holding a permenant spot in my schedule.

My only complaint was that it was a bit tough showing out of the trailer, because you are pretty removed from the arena (a nice big indoor), and it's difficult to hear the announcer out there. No big deal though.

If you want to know anything at all, I'd love to answer
default_yes.gif

BW minis- I think you're thinking of the GSMHA shows- they're run by the Freeborns
default_yes.gif

Bumping this back up. The show last year was at the Bloomsburg, PA fairgrounds. I was wanting to go but I wasn't able to attend. I hoping to go this year, if they have it again at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds this year. There were 136 classes listed in the book I got last year. Do they have two rings that they show in or is there just one? With that many classes it would take until late at night to get through them all.

My filly that I'm planning on taking, if I go, won't be 3 years old (June 2008) until after the show, would she still be shown in the 2 yrs and over class or would she be bumped up to the Aged mare class? I've never taken her to a registry show so she doesn't have a measurement card, how do I go about getting one?

Thanks for the help and info! Any one else go to this show?

Becky M.

Well maybe I'll get to go this year for some registery shows for the experience. I only show locally b/c it's all I can afford to do. It gets old when you compete against the same horses at every show and then again at the local fair. I'd just like to put her against some stiffer competition and she how she does, win or lose it doesn't matter. All I go for is the experience and to have fun!

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back