2007 Congress Pot Luck Luncheon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharron

Reaction score
Time to think about what you will be bringing to support the Annual Congress Pot Luck Luncheon, hosted by Jim & Karen Shaw Fiddlestix Miniatures and Shetlands, Wayne and Sharron Hinkle Sharrway Farm & Transport, to be held Thursday August 2nd 2007, around noon. The Shaw's and Hinkles will again be hosting the always popular Pot Luck Luncheon, :aktion033: and YOUR food donations are what makes this affair such a great success. Please be thinking what you will contribute to the "mix"!

This years Luncheon will consist of B-B-Que Brisquet. Ably prepared by Jim & Jason Shaw. Suggestions for what to bring are as follows: baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, bread, rolls, sliced onions, fresh tomatoes, veggie trays, pickles, olives, 3 bean salad and the list goes on, plus all sorts of desserts too, any food stuff is acceptable, and welcome. IF you can't contribute a food item, then a monetary donation will be greatfully appreciated to allow us to purchase what we need to fill in the gaps. You can send those donations to either Karen Shaw 10600 County Rd 606, Burleson TX 76028-2427 or myself Sharron Hinkle, HC 73 Box 75 Burneyville, OK 73430-9746. Donations will also be accepted prior to the luncheon at Congress.

I am again asking for the wonderful Wisconsin Cheese Tray from Stuff and Jackie Tyler...always a crowd pleaser, Lewella I think you brought a variety of pickles. We have asked Belinda to again do her wonderful fresh fruit salad that everyone loved...Feel free to bring any food stuff that is known for your area of the country that you think others might like to try...As the saying goes "variety is the spice of life" here's hoping we have a lot of variety in our quest for food for this luncheon.

As in the past, I am compiling a list of what food items have been donated, so we have some idea of what we need to purchase, or can tell those that ask, what is needed. Please email Karen or me with your contributions so we can get started compiling a list of food. We look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you!

Congress is 4 short weeks from now, with a lot behind the scenes preparation, going into this project, so any help you can give us to make our job a little easier will be greatly received!

Please email Karen Shaw [email protected] or myself [email protected], off list, to let us know what we can count on, and what we will need. We thank you in advance!

Karen and Sharron

I cannot believe its only 4 weeks!!!!! :bgrin

I am planning on bringing something, maybe turkey salad and buns or something like that maybe? I will let you know for sure as that is the only thing i know how to make :eek:. Who likes pie?
default_wink.png
:

I cannot believe its only 4 weeks!!!!! :bgrin

I am planning on bringing something, maybe turkey salad and buns or something like that maybe? I will let you know for sure as that is the only thing i know how to make :eek:. Who likes pie?
default_wink.png
:
Thank you Leeana, we will look forward to getting the dish...Just let me know as soon as you can what you decide on...Pies will be great too..

Sharron

Back