2 year old mini mare finally improving!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted late last year about my then yearling (she's since celebrated her 2nd birthday!) mini mare, Armani, who had a runny right nose and few other symptoms. Other than 2 individuals here on the forum (thank you so much Peggy & Bill) I was unable to find a lot of resources available on the internet. It has been a long 6 months but Armani was finally referred to K-State vet clinic and underwent surgery last week. I've been documenting her recovery on our website in the hopes of providing a resource to other horse owners. We still have a little ways to go but she's certainly on the up-and-up finally.

If you would like to learn more about Armani's sinusitis and follow her recovery you can here:

http://www.paintedva.../sinusitis.aspx

Thank you,

Shaylan

I'm so glad to hear she's finally getting better! It's been a long journey for both of you!

She's a lucky girl to be so well cared for. Great photos. Has she had any problems since?

wow I glad to see she is doing great. Thanks for posting to help us learn about your sweet mini :)Keep us posted.

Great pix of your girl! This will be a great reference for everyone! Thanks for sharing with us! I'm so glad she's feeling better!

Bill

What a great way to share your experience! Thanks for sharing with everyone. I am really, really glad she is on the road to recovery! What a sweet girl
default_smile.png

Thank you everyone for your kind words about Armani!

Helicopter-she hasn't had any problems since the surgery. The vets said to expect a little bit of blood from her nose and the incision which we saw a little of early on. Once they took the gauze out she was immediately breathing out that nostril and still is. It's hard to say how long she wasn't able to since the internal swelling was such a slow progression. Considering she had such an invasive surgery, she's doing remarkably well and much better than she was before the surgery!
default_smile.png

Back