2 Special Needs Horses Need Homes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
I post this with a very heavy heart. I do not want to part with my horses but do to a situation where they are being kept I have to. It just isn't working out and I have no where else to put them. The two I am most concerned with are the mini we rescued who has bad feet and my older full sized appy who is now blind in one eye. Minnie the mini mare had horribly overgrown hooves when we got her. We have been keeping her trimmed but will still need more time and farrier work. She is very sweet and tolerates most everything done to her. She is still a bit on the thin side. She is bay,between 8 and 10 yrs old, and unregistered, about 36" tall. I hope it's ok to put my appy here as she's not a mini but I didn't know where else to turn. She is a grade grey appy mare. She is also very sweet though is still adjusting to loosing sight in her left eye due to moonblindness. Even with loosing sight she has never been spooky or aggressive. She would do great as a pasturemate as she gets along with everyone. She could even still be ridden by an experinced rider willing to give her to time to trust them. She is between 15-20 and about 14.2h. They are located in north central Illinois. It really breaks my heart to do this but for some reason I guess I'm just not meant to own horses. I am asking a small fee for them to help assure they go to a good home. Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks

Brenda

brenda i am so sorry to hear this!! Ill be sure and send anyone I find your way. You might also post on the saleboard. Are you keeping your stallion?

Hugs from Kay

Kay,

No I can't keep him. Unfortunatly they all will have to find new homes. It upsets me to no end to do it but it seems everytime we try to have horses something like this happens. I feel defeated and tired of trying. I will get over it and move on as it just seems as it was not meant to be. I will try listing them on the sale baord as I planned to put the other 2 on there also.

Thanks

Brenda

Latest posts

Back