2 pairs of clippers DEAD and still not halfway done clipping. HELP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IZMEpeggy these are the exact ones I bought at Tractor supply and what I paid http://www.tractorsu...ade-set-5800811. The blade they come with is PERFECT and does a great job. They run cool, the are super quilet and I LOVE THEM!!
And I just so happen to have a Tractor supply near me..Thank you..And your little guy is ADORABLE..I had used a clipmaster in the past but they are sssooo heavy after one use I sold them.

And I just so happen to have a Tractor supply near me..Thank you..And your little guy is ADORABLE..I had used a clipmaster in the past but they are sssooo heavy after one use I sold them.
the clipmasters are definitely heavy, but boy do they go through the winter woolie hair, dirty or clean (mine are usually dirty). I used my huband's clipmasters (he has them for brand checking on the cows) the first couple years I had more than one mini, then I bought my own pair off eBay (good clean used set). I love them for removing winter woolies, then for clean ups I use my Wahl KM2 clippers. And, now I want a cordless clipper, then should have all I need to keep them all looking neat..

I was just to a workshop with Mike Rosauer who is a trainer. One of the tips he shared was using a blower rather then bathing before clipping. He said bathing will leave a residue at the base of the hair and gum up your clippers. They blow the dirt out then use the clippers at a low setting.
Interesting that you say this...I'm betting it blows out some of the already loose hair and helps that way too. I blow out my Aussies' coat after every bath to minimize the hair that they deposit into my house! Dog groomers have long been using this method to help with shedding. I would blow the dogs out before a bath too (some do) but by the time I get them all washed and blown dry I'm usually exhausted. Adding another step to that day long (I have way too many dogs!) process would probably cripple me for life :p

I also have the giant Clipmasters. Although they weigh a ton, blades cost a fortune for them, noisy as Steven

Tyler and are clumsy and awkward to use, there have been times where I have had to use them for the first clip of the year just to blast through the thick fur, but they aren't my clippers of choice.I wouldn't run out and buy them. I just happened to have them in the tack box for about 30 years!

My favorite clippers are my Double K's. For general maintence around here if no one is going to the show I use a #10 blade and a #15 plus mustache clippers that fit perfectly in the ear.

I also have Oster A5's but the ones that only have one speed. They are good for back up too.

I think little Timber is cute as a button!

Latest posts

Back