2 new WeeOkie foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeeOkie

Reaction score
We had a palomino filly born early yesterday (early in the day and early in gestation). The maiden mare did not let her milk down very quickly, so I got Quarterhorse colostrum from the vet and had a very busy day feeding her. Hope she will pass her IgG today.

Then at 11:30 last night one of the 3 mares I've been watching forever finally had a black and white colt. He's almost fullgrown and almost ready to drive. :lol:

Will get pics when I can and post on the picture thread.

Rita

Update on the filly: Just got home from taking the little one (along with mom, of course) to the vet for a plasma transfusion. She did not pass her IgG yesterday with a good score (under 200). She was perhaps more hours old when I found her than we thought, and did not adequately absorb the antibodies from the Quarterhorse colostrum. Anyway, sure hope this takes care of her. The vet said that with that low a score, she would only have a 20% chance of surviving, without a transfusion. So many germs everywhere.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Rita! I'm gussing the palomino is by White Gold? Who's the daddy of the black pinto?

Rita - Thank Goodness. I was really getting worried about them. I can't wait to see the pics. Better yet, I can't wait to come see them in a couple of weeks. Woo Hoo.

Treva

:aktion033: Congratulations! Please post pictures sooon, can't wait!

:saludando: Conny

congradulations Rita, like i said, White Gold will just keep those palomino's coming! btw, we also had a black and white filly born yesterday, MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING IN THE RAIN LATELY!

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Rita! Maybe one will be at nationals????[/SIZE]

Lyn

Wheeeee!!!!! Congratulations Rita! They both sound great!!! I can't wait to see them!

Pictures Please!!!! Congratulations on your twofer day!!! Sheila :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thanks, everyone! The pictures are up top now.

Rita

Latest posts

Back