2 NEW FOALS FOR US!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi

Its been a while :bgrin ! Things have been busy here :bgrin

We have a new loud Pinto Colt by our stallion (His first Foal) and out of our Valley View Jet Stream granddaughter. Such a pretty boy with a nice head and is really looking very dark under that coat now.

Introducing.......

HAAZE'S FEDERAL JET EXPRESS ...born April 21st, 2006 :bgrin

Jet3babypic-06.jpg

Jet2babypic-06.jpg

Next is OUR FIRST FILLY! A KEEPER FOR SURE! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

She is by a Chestnut?/Silver Bay? Bond Dynamo grandson and out of our Blue Roan mare who has Royal Star Vant Huttenest breeding. I am not really sure of this filly's color though? But,she does have a huge star and maybe 4 high white socks... You can kind see an out line of them if you look real close. :lol:

Any ideas on her color would be very helpful and I do have pictures of the stallion and more pics of my mare.

Introducing....

Crystal...( Have not picked a name yet) born May 3rd 2006

JadeFilly5.jpg

JadeFilly1.jpg

Both births went very well. The colt Jet was our first experience with a Fainting Foal with only lasted 24hrs and his dam is an old pro at foaling so no problems there and the filly's dam was a 6 year old maiden mare and she needed a little help with one of the front legs for a minor adjustment and after that she came right out.
default_yes.gif
:

We have one more to foal here and she is due this weekend, but does not look that close yet and she is not a maiden and like others have noticed here lately she does NOT have much of a bag considering these are correct dates as I hand breed and is not following her same scheduale as last year. She is still under the camera, but still I am finding this very strange.

Well thanks for letting me share! :bgrin

Jeri

Congrats! They are both very nice, and the filly is a silver dapple. :bgrin

Congratulations, both foals are really nice. Enjoy!!

Congrats on those 2 pretty new foals. I think, JMO, that the filly is silver and she gets iit from the chastnut/silverbay parent who must be a silver bay
default_smile.png

Your little colt is so very handsome - love his markings!!

And your little girl is so cute - I'm thinking she's a silver bay, as she looks really similar to my guy when he was younger, and he is a silver bay.

Congrats!

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

:new_multi: Wonderful, you have to really nice foals. :new_multi:

Take care and talk to you soon.
default_yes.gif
: :saludando:

Congrats on those 2 pretty new foals. I think, JMO, that the filly is silver and she gets iit from the chastnut/silverbay parent who must be a silver bay
default_smile.png
Hi Hurricane!

I am glad you mentioned that because intially that is what I thought as well. But since she was so new then and not outside yet I didnt know for sure. But since I have never had a just silver foal before I did not know what they look like as foals
default_yes.gif
: I have had a Silver dapple foal who was much more silver/gray looking it was obvious since his dam is/was a Silver dapple, but this little girl is more "cream" colored. Her sire is obvious a Silver Carrier because of his mane and tail. Well, I really dont care what color she is because she is a keeper anyway.
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

Thanks Again Hurricane!

Jeri

Actually silver dapple is quite possible. You said the sire might be a silver bay. Silver bay is black + agouti + silver. The dam is blue roan which is black + roan. Silver dapple would be the black + silver and no agouti. Of course, she could also be a silver dapple roan since the roan doesn't usually show up right away. Actually, even if the sire is chestnut he could have the silver gene and pass it on. Here is a picture of one of my silver dapple foals for comparison:

62404211.jpg

Actually silver dapple is quite possible. You said the sire might be a silver bay. Silver bay is black + agouti + silver. The dam is blue roan which is black + roan. Silver dapple would be the black + silver and no agouti. Of course, she could also be a silver dapple roan since the roan doesn't usually show up right away. Actually, even if the sire is chestnut he could have the silver gene and pass it on. Here is a picture of one of my silver dapple foals for comparison:

62404211.jpg
Hi again

Wow that foal does look the same color as mine almost. Do you have current pictures of that foal?

Yes her sire does have the silver gene as it is obvious in photos of him in his mane and tail. It is really hard to tell in Photos but he is registered as a Chestnut, but appears to be a Silver bay. We will know for sure when we go and take a look at the sire owners foals in a few weeks so we can see him in person.

Thanks that is very informative and I thought I had most of this color stuff figured out.
default_wacko.png
: :lol: Oh well no matter what color she is she is staying right here :bgrin . Hubby will be happy if she dapples out :lol: He loves Silver Dapples!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks

Jeri

Congratulations on your beautiful babies. The fainting foals are very scary. Glad everyone is okay.

:aktion033:

Gorgeous colt & cut little filly......CONGRATULATIONS on both! :aktion033:

The filly could be either, Silver-Dapple or Silver-Bay. Silver-Dapples don't always have dapples....that seems to confuse a lot of people. In fact.... Silver Dapple foals almost never has dapples at birth. They acquire them in a few months or so. Then some Silver-Dapples will lose them again as they age. The ones who do keep their dapples, usually have them more pronounced at difference seasons too.

Enjoy your new little ones!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on both new additions and how nice..........a filly and a colt. Couldn't ask for much better.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back