2 new boys 4 months old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maranatha minis

Reaction score
How can i tame these wild boys? they have never been handled before. I have gotten minis never handled before at this age and they were easy to train and get your hands on. any advise on earning these little guys' trust? they are stalled side by side so they aren't alone and the mini fillies are loose in the paddock/barn area around them so they have horse contact.

any help?????

Shelley<><

The quickest way to a ponies heart is through it's stomach.
default_yes.gif
: One method that has worked for me is one they know where the grain comes from I start moving closer and closer gradually while they are eating until they are eating with me right there and not afraid. Work slowly up to touching them while they are eating. Most of them come around pretty quick once they realize scratches on the neck and lower jaw feel good. :bgrin

Make sure they are seperated and work with each one individually. Always bring a halter or lead so you can start to rub it on them once you can pat them. Try sitting and letting them come to you. I start by graining them at my feet while I sit and eventually hold it and start patting them BABY steps. Take it slow and don't ever push them too far too fast. Have fun.

Thanks guys!! after almost 2 weeks they are coming up to me if i sit still. 1 will actually let me touch him. I can get the halter on the 1 and he is fine rubs all over me. the other one is a little more stand-offish and won't let you touch him. he will eat out of the bucket at my feet tho. if he sees you move to touch him he moves back. at least they are coming close!! when we gotthem home they stayed as far away form us as possible!!! Agian thanks for the help.

Shelley<><

Latest posts

Back