We had a baby born this morning...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret

Reaction score
Well for not having this mare on a monitor we were all surprised as she did not ever get very big. But I knew she was bagging up, but still thought we had some time to go before the monitors got hooked up..

So as soon as dawn hit, to see well enough in the pasture, we could tell there was something standing next to Mariah, at the fenceline, and sure enough it was a silver filly.. She was a bit cold, and the filly was still wet from the birth, so we took her to the barn to warm up, and tonight she is doing just fine. I'm thankful this maiden mare had no problems, foaling on her own..

At 21"tall, we believe the filly is a silver, and already walking up, and letting us touch her.
default_wub.png
:

babyface.jpg

mariahbabyout.jpg

Congratulations! I am glad it all worked out and the filly is doing well. Little thing is going to be a year old before she is a month!

She is very sweet and cute. Make sure and keep her warm for the first couple days especially.

Aaaaawwwwww! How precious, she is a cutie. We have one due January 18th and I am really getting excited already.

OH MARY SUPER CONGRATULATIONS! :aktion033: She's just perfect!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

:538: Such an adorably sweet little kissy face!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: <happysighs>
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Whoo hoo congrats what an adorable baby

Thanks guys, She is a sweetheart. She's in the cozy barn with her mom for the night.. And it is barly 50 degrees now, so I think shell be ok..

She seems to be drinking every time I check up on her. (and streching) I bet she'll grow fast..

I'll have to part with her when she's old enough, but for now its fun to just make sure she's comfortable.
default_yes.gif
:

What luck! To have such a beauty and with NO problems!

She already looks "unfolded" too!

MA

Congrats! She's so cute! Momma mare did a great job and looks like she enjoys being a mom.
default_smile.png

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" Mary and Mariah!! What a beautiful little filly! Looks like Mariah is a good Mom and so proud of her new baby!!

I'm so glad that everything went okay - what a neat Christmas baby!! :aktion033:

Congratulations! What a lovely mom and an adorable filly. :aktion033:

Thanks again guys,... I just got done letting mom and baby out of the barn and into their own private pasture..

I'm thankful that this weather is holding at just 50 degrees in the am & pm.. So far no blanketing needed.

And it really warms up durring the day here. Baby is already trying to navigate her long legs in trotting, running, and bucking mode.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back