Rosies Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_saludando.gif
Hi Natalie and welcome to the crazy foaling threads
default_biggrin.png
Shes looking really well and almost ready..how exciting
default_risa8.gif
I for one will be watching closely and cant wait to see the baby..
default_aktion033.gif
it could be tri coloured my favorite
default_wub.png
..good luck hope all goes well

Last edited by a moderator:
Your horses are absolutely beautiful Natalie.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Do tell us all about your rescues, no need to start another thread, just chat away on this one so that we can all join in (and admire all your great pictures) while keeping up with Rosie's progress.
default_yes.gif

Thankyou for all your beautiful compliments about my big and small Furkids
default_biggrin.png

Ok I will tell you all about just how awful some people can be to such beautiful creatures.

Some of the following stories are quite horendeous, I will not be posting any bad photos as I can't look at some of them myself
default_no.gif

This is Beauty she is about 34" and is over 20 yrs old. Beauty (Arabella Black Beauty) came to us as a package deal when I purchased a TB mare for our Paint Horse Stud. For reasons only known to a very sick and twisted lowlife (not the person I bought her off) she was beaten repeatedly with a Stockwhip until her back was covered in deep bleeding cuts and whelts she still bears the scars and if she lets you pat her you can feel the horrible scars (it makes me cry just thinking about it and it also sickens me to my very core) We dont ask anything of her we catch her or handle her only when absolutely necessary and when we got her we couldn't get within a 100 yards from her but now we can almost stand next to her
default_biggrin.png

DSC00612.JPG

This is my 32" Stallion Cricket (Arabella Painted Wylde), Cricket was hit by a car and left to his own devices, when he was first rescued he could hardly walk his feet were so long and twisted, he suffered a broken shoulder and an Adrenalin induced stroke so he walks with a swagger, we have a very unique way of trimming his hooves as it takes two of us to balance him while the Farrier trims and balances his feet just for his uniqueness lol. Cricket has his own herd of girls and has the most incredible nature just so gentle and loving and is like putty in your hands Cricket has produced all of our Mini foals and although he can not show himself his babies are kicking butt in the show ring.

DSC00617.JPG

This is Topes (Woodridge Utopia) two years ago Topes beloged to a very very close friend and was due to foal to Cricket unfortunately there where complications with the birth and unfortunately the foal died during delivery and had become stuck on his way out the vet was called and well the foal had to be removed bit by bit ( I am so sorry but I dont know what other way to say it) long story short friend refused to pay vet bill and had said she would put the mare down as it was obvious she was not worth breeding with so I paid the bill and kept the mare and am no longer friends with them. We gave her the needle so as not to fall pregnant and she didn't until last year when she unknown to us fell pregnant and produced the little black and white foal below, little Penny (Gamblin Park Wylde Serenity) I believe she was saying thankyou for not giving up on her
default_biggrin.png
Penny is by my boy Cricket

Topes

DSC00614.JPG

Penny

DSCF9085.JPG

Whoops will be back shortly better go feed them all lol

AWW some sad but lovely happy ending story's..well done you
default_aktion033.gif
..Theyr all gorgeous and very lucky to have found you
default_yes.gif

Hi, and welcome from the very cold eastern USA. I'm an old lady lurker, that gets her foal fixes from this forum, although sometimes I chime in with advice, and lots of worry. My given name is Terry, nice to meet you Nat, your horses are very lovely and shiny, right now mine look like dirty yaks.
default_saludando.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hay nat,,come on we wont more pictures,, i no youve got more minis then that...LOL
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

What sad and tragic stories, but thanks to you many happy endings.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Love your little lad Cricket.
default_wub.png

Cant wait to hear more!

Thankyou everyone our little ones show us everyday how happy they are and it makes all the tears and sadness worth it. I am still shocked and amazed at the resilliance they have such never die attitudes
default_biggrin.png

Ok this is Rosie today

20th December 2011

DSC00637.JPG

20th December 2011

DSC00638.JPG

Boobies 20th December 2011 lol

DSC00639.JPG

Ok some more sad to happy stories
default_biggrin.png

This is Flash she is an Overloosa lol She is Palouse but carries the OLW gene (I believe in testing
default_biggrin.png
) we have been told that she is a Varnish Silver Buckskin but as yet I haven't tested for that lol.

Flash was found starving in a back paddock she had her 2yr old filly still on her and her 2yr old filly was in foal to her Daddy
default_new_shocked.gif

they were all in terrible condition some friends all got together and rescued and homed the whole lot. Flash is 37 and 1/2 inches tall and is classed here as a Small Horse. I measure from the top of her neck to the bottom when she first arrived and it was barely 6" so just the bone and some floppy skin so you can just imagine how she looked in this photo she is a little down but her foal Rahni (by my boy) is only 8wks old and is huge so she is one of those mares that gives it all to the foal. Flash is getting the same amount of feed as our big horses atm lol she was very head shy and is a bit nervous about getting her feet done, although she still has problems with her feet we can touch her everywhere now
default_aktion033.gif
and she was so good when she got sick after foaling had a infection in her uterus and required daily needles and pastes but took it all in her stride so we are extremely happy with her progress.

DSC00587.JPG

This is Denny (Dennis the menace) he is also known as Gamblin Park Gangstar, but mostly we call him Denny or "Oh NOOOOOO" lol. Denny was our 2nd ever rescue and when we took him on we had decided we would fix him up and find a new home for him wellllllll that was 6yrs ago now
default_new_rofl.gif
and he still graces our paddocks.

This boy was a total mess when we got him, nasty, scared and in huge pain. Denny had been purchased as a pressie for the grandkiddies lovely idea IF you know what you are doing. Denny is a Grulla Buckskin Palouse with TWO Big Blue eyes and was about 19" when he was bought by, with all good intentions, a Grand dad and Mum for their grandsons. Unfortunately they did not train him nor did they GELD him. Rears and nibbling are "cute" when your 19'' tall and a baby but not so nice when your a 4yr old Stallion (and a frustrated one at that)it was about this point that things went from horrible to tragic. Young boys being young boys and somewhat rough were playing with Denny and well one boy got a bit to rough and Denny stood up for himself and bit the boy and this is where it goes horribly wrong, the boy was not punished for his nastiness towards Denny but Denny certainly was for his reaction so what do you reckon they do Retrain the pony???? NO they BEAT him and Beat him around the head with a piece of 4 x 2 timber until he was all but knocked unconcious. I am not sure how he was saved initially but I met him and took him on about 2wks after, he was full of attitude and would bite you rather than look at you so we loaded him on our float (he left the property on hind legs I don't like rearing lol). 3 days after we go him he was a diferent pony the nastiness had subsided and he happily jumped on the float and off to the vets for the snip poor boy but a better option for both him and us. His teeth and jaw were also badly damaged so vet suggested we geld first then work on his teeth and jaw best not to be sore at both ends lol.

Several weeks later he had recovered well from his gelding and he was booked in to start getting his teeth all sorted the day I bookied him in I had the farrier out to do one of my big mares (who Denny is in love with) now this why I NEVER paddock big ones and little one together my mare is 17.2hh and Denny was trying to "put her back" in the herd well she kicked him in the face and almost knocked him out it happened so quick
default_new_shocked.gif
there was blood everywhere and poor Denny was unable to get his balance we rushed him to the vets expecting that he would have to be PTS
default_bye-sad.gif
but quick thinking and a HUGE amount of luck Denny came good in the float on the way to the vet ( I sat in there holding him all the way) and after xrays and treatment he is still with us today
default_risa8.gif
in February this year after 5 long years we have just had the last treatment done on his mouth and he has been deemed "FIXED" lol. On and off over this time we have taken Denny to a few shows he has been dubbed the ADHD Pony lol as he can never stand still lol but he is getting better.

In 2009 we took Denny to the Perth Royal Agricultural Show and Denny competed in his Mini Pony Gelding class against 8 other very well bred ponies and was awarded 4th Place I burst into tears (I am welling up with tears as I write this bit) I could not have been happier then he went up against 20 mixed age and sex Mini ponies and was awarded 6th BEST Western Australian bred Mini Pony to say I was an emotional mess would be an understatement and it will be forever etched in my mind as one of my MOST PROUDEST EVER moments it was one of those Life changing moments god now I am bawling sorry lol
default_crybaby.gif
anyway here is Denny

These photos were taken on the 19th December 2011

DSC00567.JPG

DSC00585.JPG

These were taken in 2009 at my daughter Kandices 2nd ever show
default_aktion033.gif

Denny 3.jpgDenny 4.jpgDenny 5.jpgDenny 6.jpgDenny 2.jpg

and this shows Dennys cheekiness to a T
default_new_rofl.gif

Denny 1.jpg

He has come such along way and would have to be one of my proudest personal achievements
default_wub.png

Wow Natalie, that is some story and you have my respect
worshippy.gif
Denny and the others are all very lucky to have found you and your family.

Now down to Rosie,
new_shocked.gif
look at the way her tummy has moved forward
risa8.gif
I say she is right on track for a Crimbo baby
new_multi.gif

Haha look at his cheeky grin in that photo so cute
default_wub.png
..that belly is looking fab and Oh my what a huge udder
default_new_shocked.gif
and its not even full to the max yet
default_aktion033.gif
lucky baby will have plenty of lovely warm milk on tap

I just love reading all your stories and seeing your babies.
wub.gif

Thankyou a mini dream come true, Eagle, Lindi-loo and MeganH. Eagle I think we are the lucky ones that they found us, what these little guys have taught my kids no school could ever teach and the unbelieveable joy they have bought to our lives can not be measured
default_wub.png
it is why we keep doing it I suppose, we raise our little minis to be respectful but to remain themselves we do not push them to do anything we ask and have yet to find one that is unwilling to do as we have asked I feel we have been blessed to have these little souls placed in our care
default_biggrin.png
we even take them swimming at the beach as we are only 20 kilometers from our local horse beach hmmm I will try and find some of our beach day shots we have awesome fun with them at the beach
default_yes.gif

Lindi-loo I think Rosies foal may need some time in the "Jenny Craig" paddock with all the milk she has for the baby
default_new_rofl.gif

MeganH thankyou I love that you like my stories and my babies I love my babies too but I am bias
default_risa8.gif

Anyway my daughter wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of the most awesome people on this forum (pretty sure she will be joining us here herself very soon) so she had a dressup day with some of our critters lol I hope you enjoy and.................

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES FROM ALL OF OUR FAMILY HERE IN SUNNY WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Bart (Arabella Eat My Shorts) my daughters pony

DSC00591.JPG

Bart and Jella Minideers with Eva (Barts full sister) and my big Paintbred stallion looking on in shock

DSC00597.JPG

Bart and Jella our minideers lol

DSC00604.JPG

This is Igor (big dog) our Australian Shepard and my Step Daughters Staffy Roxy.

DSC00632.JPG

Igor with Billy the Kid in the background (our goat who thinks he is a Dog
default_new_rofl.gif
)

DSC00634.JPG

They certainly are lucky little horses! I'll never stop being amazed by how much humans can suck though, honestly how does it not sink in through their heads that owning these guys is a privilege and your have a responsibility to them! And that triples when you breed!

But minis are such tough and forgiving little things
default_smile.png

Love the festive decorations, bless them!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hope you and the family have the best Christmas ever - and many more to follow!
default_yes.gif

Love the animals all dressed up. Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back