Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am an amateur color guru! I am kind of obsessed actually ;) I LOVE her Sabino markings!

Anyway, onto Robin. Today is the first day that I looked at her hooha and went, "ooooh...that looks better". She does not have the slab side look going, but she does look to have a low belly. Her nips are still pointing in. The inside of her hooha was pink. Not a lot of resistance in her tail.

Pics...The first hooha pic is while she was swishing her tail. The second is while I lifted her tail. Looks slightly open in first.

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1059.jpg

DSC_1057.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

yeah I think her belly has dropped some more which is great
default_smile.png
is she getting looser behind when you feel? can she clamp her tail down when you try to lift it or is it getting harder for her to do so? all steps forward for our gorgeous girl!

She has very little resistance in her tail. So, she is definitely loosening up back there
default_smile.png

So, I am going to dare to say...maybe during the full moon on the 31st?? LOL...yeah right...

How fast will the pinkness in the vulva progress to red? She is darker than normal, but not red yet...

Unfortunately it varies as all mares are different (and don't we know it! LOL!!) In my opinion any changes mean a mare needs very careful watching, but really deep red with my girls means a foal within 24 hours.
default_yes.gif

(leans over and pokes Robin's udder) Excuse me? Udder? You should be doing something now. Hint Hint!

default_new_rofl.gif

Yeah her udder is being a negative nancy...BUT, the inside of her vulva IS getting darker. I spent a little time grooming her today...pardon my poor attempt at a tail braid, lmao ;) AND the fact that I groomed her right next to a pile of poop, lol. Pics...

20120828_165522.jpg

20120828_165445.jpg

20120828_165439.jpg

20120828_165431.jpg

How do you keep her soo clean, my boy is always so dirty
default_doh.gif
She is such a pretty mare hopefully she foals for you soon and everything goes smoothly
default_smile.png

Hah! Clean...that's funny ;) She is actually pretty dirty, you just can't see it because it is all on her back down in the fur. We don't get a whole lot of rain, but when we do, ALL of my horses HAVE to roll...it especially shows on her and my cremello. Nice thing is, that it is normally not visible by the next day
default_smile.png

I think Robin was mucking with me. Gone back to lighter pink now :p

Ya know, I don't think that I would be having this hard of a time, if I wasn't so intent on being present for the foaling. If I knew she would be fine on her own, I would just forget about it and occupy myself with other things, lol. But, because I feel a strong need to be there incase help is needed, I am having to check her all of the time. I am watching the pot and it feels like it is never gonna boil!!

Pics from this AM

20120829_071124.jpg

20120829_071115.jpg

20120829_071053.jpg

20120829_071034.jpg

And just because, here is one that I took yesterday of my mini donk, Jose'
default_smile.png

DSC_1130a-001-1.jpg

hey thats a bit more of a V happening in that tummy katy! she is looking wide again but even... come on girl! show us the goods! fill that udder then its time for your gorgeous baby to make his/her appearance!

What is it with mares and udders this year? Generally they seem determined to torment us and hold back on them! Girls I do not like this, please think of something new to torment us with next season
default_wink.png

Robin looks fantastic
default_smile.png
She's bright, healthy and that tummy looks awesome.

Latest posts

Back