Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha I'm not I'm eating lunch right now lol, I felt exactly the same way last yr with Suz lol

she is definitley pregnant n definitley close!!
default_smile.png
wnt be long but I know its hard :/

Hate to be the one to say it but, whatever we think we know or however many last minute signs we think we see, the only thing that is certain is the fact that these girls will foal when THEY are ready!! LOL!!

Lets face it, most of these girls are sneaky, ALL of them like to wait until we are frustrated, tearing our hair out and well on the way towards madness, then and only then will they allow us to see what they have been cooking for the past 11 months!
default_whistling.gif

A broodmare is never late! She foals exactly when she intends to
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm gonna take a plunger to this little potato pretty quick here...

Pics from this AM...That looks like wax on her nipples, no? She is totally not elongated at all though...

20120824_071833.jpg

20120824_071814.jpg

20120824_071748.jpg

20120824_071847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is running around like a mad pony again this morning. Didn't finish her breakfast and is having very mushy poops. Just documenting what she is doing ;)

Well, she has been walking in circles around my backyard for the past couple of hours...holding her tail out a little more than normal. I think she is trying to walk this kid out of her belly, lol.

Well, let's see...Robin is doing well. She has munched on the green stuff in the yard all afternoon. I, on the other hand, am :arg!

My children have been driving me up a wall, not to mention the big white fluffy dog that won't stop barking at every car that passes...oh AND the round little potato that is living in my backyard, and making me guess when she is going to pop a little mini potato out of her backside. So, yeah, I am losing my mind... Saw this on FB today and it is so my children...

228416_462048667162438_1655281290_n.jpg

Anyway, onto Robin. Here are pics from a few minutes ago.

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

Do you ACTUALLY think that she is still progressing? Or are you just trying to make me feel better? LOL
default_biggrin.png

I am a little late to the thread but Robin is absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to see her little bundle of joy!!! Sooooo exciting
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

You got us, we're just humouring you. She's not pregnant at all but badly needs a diet
default_wink.png

HUGS! Trust me this is the worst stage, the changes are small and not always permanent and the phrase "your closer every day" does NOTHING to help. Threatening with the plunger makes you feel better even if it achieves nothing
default_wink.png

Well, see, now she is acting completely relaxed and chilled out. This will be the night that I say to myself, "she isn't doing anything tonight...I will sleep a little extra", and she will pop during that extra hour that I take, lol.

haha oh dear, you poor thing! its so hard when they get to this stage as Bree has said... and Robin is SOOO big LOL, I bet your both wanting this to be over and done with, but Robin is coooking that baby to perfection (hopefully with lots of loud markings!!) so we don't want her to hurry... unless she is busy putting the balls on your filly
default_new_rofl.gif

hope she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!

Yup she needs to cook up a nice loud chestnut to mtach Picasso
default_wink.png

Last night, I woke up and saw Robin laydown. She wasn't on her side, but I went out to check on her anyway. I stood outside of the gate and watched her. She got up when she saw me and kinda stood there. Then she almost looked like she had a fast contraction while she was standing up. She got stiff in the back end and her back legs went under her. It lasted a second and then stopped. I watched her for a little while longer and she went back to eating. Anyway, no baby yet. Here are pics from this am. She is eating this morning and acting pretty normal, except for getting aggravated with me messing with her back end, lol.

20120825_071011.jpg

20120825_070925.jpg

20120825_070910.jpg

20120825_070857.jpg

Yes! Progress IS being made!! Nice steady progress, just the way we like it!! As for your plunger idea, I have been known to offer a large hat pin to one or two folks on here when they are zombiefied from weeks of watching and waiting for these long awaited babies.
default_yes.gif

Just caught your last post - sometimes when the mares get up the baby just catches them and they stand in an 'awkward' position for a moment or two until baby shifts back to a more comfortable place, it can look like a contraction.

Thanks Anna! I appreciate the info
default_smile.png

I do realize that the baby will come when it comes...I just get myself excited because she looks close and then we take 3 steps backwards, lol.

Latest posts

Back