Pics of Velvet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srpwildrose

Reaction score
Velvet was pasture bred last year with previous owner, she foaled in May.

She could have taken on her foal heat, which would make her due in 3-4 weeks.

What do you think.?? This will be my 1st ASPC/R to foal, so was unsure how big they look compared to the smaller minis that I have.

Thanks. :saludando:

111_1161.jpg

111_1165.jpg

4-08-06 Hi! You've asked a hard question -- especially not knowing a lot about how the mare carries -- like women, some are huge from the get-go and others have only a little watermelon two weeks before they deliver. We had a mare that foaled in June and was pasture bred afterward; she didn't foal until late August the next year, meaning she wasn't rebred until September sometime -- one of the reasons I loathe pasture breeding, you're on pins and needles for weeks! Based on your pictures, your mare looks to me to have awhile to go yet, but then again she could foal tomorrow! Think you're just gonna have to watch her bag and hope she follows the book on bagging up and waxing. Good luck -- you'll need it :)! Ta, Shirlee

I agree with Shrilee - they are all so different and even pregnancy to pregnancy they can carry very differently. I have one mare with less belly than your mare that is due in 2 weeks (hand bred) and another that is due in a month that is way bigger than your mare (hand bred also). Looking in my pasture you'd swear the one that isn't due for a month should be dropping any day and that the one due in two weeks had a couple of months to go yet.
default_yes.gif
:

default_yes.gif
: Thanks guys.

Always a waiting game with these ponies, huh???

I'll be sure and post pics when ever she decides to foal :bgrin

Velvet seems to have dropped now. :aktion033: This pic is about 10 days from the previous pic I posted.

111_1192.jpg

There isn't much of a bag yet. Hummmmm.......wish she could tell me when she is gonna

foal!!!!

Any ideas???
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks a bunch
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back