Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen it
default_smile.png
just waiting on my registration to finish
default_rolleyes.gif

its awesome I didn't realise they did that as well
default_laugh.png

more pple to watch my baby girl

your baby girl looks peaceful tonight has your hubby brought the camera back yet?

I want to see some pics
default_yes.gif

Ya know, I forgot to ask him...dah. He's a little bummed out...he just spent a bunch of $$ getting his motorcycle fixed....he took it for a ride and says they didnt fix the problem. I Feel bad b/c he does so much around here and work ...I like it when he has time to ride!!

naw... poor hubby, thats very frustrating!! maybe you should make him a special dinner or something, a nice dessert...(sweets not sure what you might call it hehe)

I put some pics of samson and Kia on my post
default_smile.png

How'd you get 19 pages without having a foal!!!!!!!!!!
default_deadhorse2.gif

If you name a Nick baby after food I know I will hang myself
default_jerry.gif
default_jerry.gif
default_jerry.gif

Peanut looks a bit more restless now Heidi!! a little bit of pacing, holding up the walls with her bum for a second... has she dropped down more do you think? the angle she was on just before looked like she has that real V but it could just be me
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes Thanks, not enough though
laugh.gif
. I see Peanut is chewing her legs. hhhmmmmmm I wander???

Morning all!
default_saludando.gif

Just checked everyone's cam and the girls all look relaxed and peaceful!

Had a read back through the posts here - always seem to miss so much when I'm asleep! Diane have you got another4 to foal? When are they due, can we do the watching game with them too?

Cassie, you haven't said anything recently about Ribs and Guahog - how are they both doing, also how to I find this 'post' that shows the pics of a couple of your cows?

Hows the weather where you all are - has the rain/cold/etc eased up a bit. Lovely sunny morning here today and sitting here at the old laptop, I can look out the window and see my girls - two of them are on their feet and the rest (some 28 of them) are all flat out snoozing in the warmth of the sun. Love seeing them like this as they arrange themselves in like a huge circle, but with little groups of two, three, four etc as various friends/relations lay down close to each other. So sweet!

Do any of your girls hang out with particular friends/family members?

Anna

hey Anna, how is your baby girl?? the cows are on my Suzie's post, mare to foal? one lol its been lovely here but FREEZING!!!! bout to finish work for the arvo, go home n feed the ponies and the dogs
default_biggrin.png

I dream so much about having loads of potato chips but what with the harsh winters and my 2 kids it would just be too much work. I will have to wait until they grow up and Hubby goes a bit soft in the head as he is the bread winner so he has to pay for all my little monsters upkeep.

When I go down to my barn I totally lose control of time and I could stay there for hours!

When I chew my legs it means I want pickles and ice cream.....or a visit from Jon Bon Jovi

default_smokesmile.gif
default_smokesmile.gif
default_smokesmile.gif

default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Good morning all, it looks like I have a little reading to catch up on. Not so good night with the dogs. Poor Quahog was sick vomiting a couple times last pm but seems much better the last couple hours...Im thinking it has something to do w/his chemo the other day. We have a call into the vet but he's not in till 10:00 so I guess we'll wait and see. Then poor Ribs...his medication is starting to kick in and yesterday he was walking pretty good, followed me all around doing chores seemed like he was doing good but at one point there was alot of thunder and he started really pacing.Well last night while I was on the computer he heard something and took off to investigate ( not sure how he was able to go into that mode so fast but he did )Then he never came back...he was out inthe thick brush ..palmettos and crap. Had to keep going out to look for him,run back and look at camera run out look back and forth. I finally heard something in the brush and he was tangled up in the vines/briars in the bushes. Now this morning he's really sore and having a difficult time standing. He's got a little Annie blood...he feels better and thinks hes well enough to rule the world...then he has set backs. :arg! :arg!

Im going alittle stir crazy here lately...sitting and waiting..but at least I know Im not the only one.Skiffs been waking and taking over my watch at 3/4 so thats nice and he's been going out to feed early in the morning and letting Peanut out for a spell.I think I've really got to put my foot down w/her...she used to be so good but geeze she's getting down right mean...she's happy to come for scratches as long as its on her terms and she will in no uncertain terms let you know where she would like the scratches. I hope to get a couple more horses bathed and clipped today. Im about ready to use the clippers on my self...its so hot and having long thick hair...yuck...when this is over Im going to go somewhere and tell them to chop it all!! Well Im going to go read the last nights posts and go do a little barn work. Oh, I have to call hubby at work and remind him about the camera and to check mail for test strips.If the camera starts going hay wire today it may be b/c I have got to do laundry....cant tell you how high the dirty clothes pile is right now!!

NOTE TO MYSELF: STOP COMPLAINING HEIDI>>>TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Someone tie down Marty
new_rofl.gif
as she is looking a bit scary today!

Great minds think a like, cos I have just had all my hair cut off short, it is the first time ever but I was just fed up of it all as it is really thick and I have to wash it daily (don't want to smell like a horse)
new_shocked.gif

Heidi I am sorry that your poor doggies are sick, they look so beautiful on cam. I am sending
pray.gif
that they heal fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the dog prayers we need all the help we can get.

Well I think its gonna be another scorcher, just put horses back in, it would be nice if Cassie sent that cold weather down to us for a couple hours. Diane do you have a local person who cares for your horses while you are away? We have guy that lives with us from Oct till May, he's from Ma. and worked at our catering co. there for years and started spending winters working for us down here. We have a small guest house on the back part of the property that he stays in while he's here. He's my savior during our busy season, if Im late getting home he will fill h2o, feed, he lugs hay,cleans stalls...he's awesome and the dogs love him.I trust him totally I only wish he would stay here year round!! This is usually the time of year that we are slow enough and would be able to take a little mini vaca with him watching the animals I'd be fine w/it but if he's not here.. its too expensive to hire someone and I'd spend all my time worrying...never be able to really enjoy ourselves.

Anna, hows your new baby...the new digs sound great...nice and roomy. Does your daughter show minis too?

Renee, I looked on your web site and the photo of your son picking your little stallions feet is priceless. Very much cuteness load!You have a horse w/Dent breeding. Im not sure but I think ( Diane may know more )that they are near us or at least in Fla. When I got my first mini I saw their ad somewhere it shows about 50/100 minis all charging in the pasture, I dont know if they show, Ive never been there but it must be a big farm b/c back then they had about 100 foals for sale on their web site. I ended up taking in a rescue from close by as I just wanted to companion for Skillet. Well I hope you all enjoy your day, stay out of the heat....or in some cases stay warm....if the strips arrive i'll let you know what it says. I'll let Skiff milk her ...Im not going near that "crazy girl" LOL

Marty why did you mention ice cream....Im out of ice cream and I'll be going thru withdrawls around 1:00. dont mess w/my Bonjovi either!!

Yeah Heidi, my stallion is son of Dent painted Eagle who has Komokos blood. I tried contacting them to find something out about my boy but they just said they know nothing as he was sold young. I would love to find out something about his past, Maybe I should get Diane on that mission before she flies off to be granny and abandon us all!

You are so lucky having help, I dream about going away even for just a weekend but i don't have any help for my animals.

My website is very poor and needs some serious help, I knocked it up quick one night so I could put it on Marestare. it only took me 2 hours and it shows
new_rofl.gif
The photos need changing too as all the good ones were on my pc that crashed
no.gif

Marty you are quite crazy - in the nicest possible way! LOL!! Ice cream and Bob Jovi, hummmmm could be interesting - but the pickles??

Heidi, I'm so sorry that the dogs are causing you more worries, especially when you are tired and concerned about Peanut and having to put up with her 'I'm pregnant, leave me alone' attitude. Try to get as much rest as you can or to occasionally find a 'space' somewhere on your own where you can sit for a little bit of peace and quiet.

Now I'm nearing my 'three score years and ten', I have been slowly passing the minis over to my daughter - we have shared them up til now and she is the one who does the showing - I am just going to keep control of my special boy and the one or two retiree brood mares, then add more retiree mares a the years go past, as we dont sell our old girls. This is the first year that daughter has taken the foaling mares back to her place (all the other minis are here with me as I'm the one with the grazing land), which is why we only have 5 possibly in foal, as against the 10 or 12 we usually foal together!

Our new baby (must think up a name soon!) seem to enjoy her time out with her Momma this morning, but daughter is going to move them both across the barn tonight to one of the 'smaller' stables that she has been building today (15'x12') Reason being, the cold and draught. However hard we tried to block draughts, put 4' high boards round the walls, the big space they were in still allowed the 'wind' to get in. (the main barn is about 150'x60', completely open down one side and normally used for cattle in winter and lambing sheep in the spring, so not easy to keep the wind out sometimes) Baby feels lovely and warm to the touch when she is laying down in the deep straw, but has been see to shiver a bit when standing up. So, for the nights at least she and Chapella will move into the smaller stable, boarded against any draughts and bedded up to the nines - daughter has just phoned to say that she went and laid down in the middle of this new stable and there were no draughts/windy moments!

Tomorrow I will go visit again and take a few pics of our new little girl - pouring with rain here now but the weekend is supposed to be warm and dry!

Would love to know if Diane can find out more about the Dent horses - I loved that picture of your two boys together Renee, oh and by the way, enjoy your trip to Monte Carlo!

Must off and get myself some food now - may catch you later. Good foal watching my friends.
default_yes.gif

Anna

My boy is called Eagle's Sandokan of Asschatt by Dent painted Eagle. Is that enough info? Thanks Diane, you are an angel

Latest posts

Back