New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unevenness doesn't matter a bit. Since she's filling, just check every few days so you can really notice the difference. Looking good!

Been really working on shedding her out since her bath, I think I see some dapples coming out! Sharing cuz I think she's just so pretty (and round) lol image.jpg

Ditto
default_smile.png

Last night (in her stall) and this morning. She seems to have dropped in the belly a bit, milk bar had disappeared last night but is coming back this morning, I don't think she'll be one to bag up until right before or during labor. No more relaxation/elongation of the vulva but she likes to go back and forth on that too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I decided to start shaving her today, I want to body shave her but I'm being encumbered by my own belly, so here is today's "hack job" so I can clearly see belly shape and baby won't get facefulls of fluff! Of course after I was looking at her profile view thinking "maybe she isn't preggo after all..." Then I saw her from behind... Lol

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Don't hurt yourself. I'm sure there is an unsuspecting person close by that you could lure in....they wouldn't mind bending over with hair Splinter's lol
default_smile.png

Oh I didn't squat down or have to bend over I just sat on the concrete patio and did what I could. I'm normally the one who gets suckered into body shaving, so I'll just work on her one day at a time!

In the spirit of bellies...

Mine got a lot of extra hair today!

image.jpg

Ha!! That will also help us see how baby is moving forward of center, so you definitely made it easier for us to watch. Don't push yourself too hard, but thanks for making it easier to watch her, and baby.

I've only ever felt really obvious kicks from pregnant mares, can someone describe what movement should feel like when it isn't foal kicking but just movement? I think I may have felt baby in there last night while she was eating her grain?

What I felt wasn't rythmic and it wasn't spread over my whole hand, just on my palm/fingers. I'm so used to biggies that this like a whole different game! Lass is 313 days today, and has a history of going long, the last person that foaled her out said not to expect anything until mid-late April.

I've seen movent like what is shown in this video, but is it really foal movement or just gut?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GR64jeoJdDs

While watching for movement tonight, I decided to take some pics & video just for my own records, when I realized I hadn't showed off her lacing
default_smile.png
so just for you Diane! lass has "spots" lol image.jpg

Lass is at day 315 today...

So, last night I decided to get some video of lass's belly where I think I'm seeing movement, and caught it on video. I have no idea if this is all gut or foal? So to compare I took video of her belly this morning. Both videos were taken while she was eating her grain. Does anyone see foal movement? ( I feel like a crazy person, am I imaging things?)

Last night:

Latest posts

Back