New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definite, positive relaxation and elongation. ALL positive signs....YEAH!!!

Good luck with the shopping hope you find what you need .

very exciting
default_smile.png

Well we got our camera, but got home so late we can't set it up tonight, and lass has pulled her usual trick and is now no longer elongated/relaxed and is munching away at her hay. I feel fine leaving her to her own devices tonight, shes had no other signs and the one person who knows her history best says we have time possibly up to a month.

I have been looking at cameras too. May I ask what you got? I'm looking at a baby monitor. Well at least she is giving you some time to get setup : )

I got the summer In view video baby monitor. It runs about 100$ but it's still not the best quality video, so far it has a slight motion delay, but it works for what I need! Haven't tested the distance yet, but it's supposed to work within a 600 ft range.

We just bought a Simplicam from Amazon, it was $140. It works great with my iPad and phone! It has a really clear picture even the night vision is great!! We just got it so I can check on my 2 minis when they are in the barn durning storms, at night etc......no foaling at our barn!!!! As for distance I can check in on them as far as 40 miles away maybe even farther but that is as far as I used it so far!! Anyway just thought I would pass on this info..............

Wow Misty's mom!!! That's far. Sounds like really good quality and a great deal. Hmm well if I decide to go in the market I now know what to get. I plan on sleeping out in the barn. Just cause there are things I can't see on camera that scare me.

Wow Misty'sMom!! I now regret my purchase! lol maybe one of these days I'll upgrade, since I actually need the baby monitor I'll be keeping it, but your set up sounds fantastic.

rebecca, I agree with you but we just bought this place, the barn has no power or water, and being 7 months pregnant myself a cam was the way to go! this way I can stay comfortable in my nice warm house and only check on her when I see something worth investigating! Now that I have a cam and I can hear everything going on in the barn I don't think i'll do it any other way!

That's so great! : ) the barn floor is not a place I would gave wanted to be when I was pregnant lol so glad you got the camera : )

I was looking at the cheap cheap Summer Infant Day and Night Digital Monitor it only about 65.00. I don't need it to go far so I thought it might work good enough. Any changes with miss Lass?

Good to know about the day and night! I will also be using it for my two year old after (or if ) summer has her baby. The one we have now is on its last leg and not video lol

Aww she is just too cute! And all clean : )

She promptly ruined it by rolling, not just once to get dirty, but 5 times to really work it in! Which of course makes me look at her sideways and think, are we being sneaky about positioning baby? Lol

Not mini related, but my riding mare lilly is officially bored with my checks on lass, she still wants to come get attention, but she is not impressed with the new routine. Had to share!

image.jpgimage.jpg

So as of last night I have been starting the transition from local mixed grass hay to alfalfa hay, and I swear it has already made a difference. She seems to have eased off of her hay, not cleaning up every meal now, but not turning down her mare & foal feed or a chance to go eat the green grass in the pasture if I take her out. I have a feeling that the grass hay is poor quality for a pregnant mare, and the alfalfa is helping already, because she seems to have done some more shopping since I last checked her. I just worry that she seems to be developing unevenly, here's hoping she catches up in time for the big event!

IMG_2168.JPG

Latest posts

Back