New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love lacing and had many mares with this beautiful trait. So pretty. Not much good with the videos, sorry. could be, but I wouldn't swear on it. But she's nicely running out of room as expected!!

You have a Corgi
default_smile.png
I had a corgi when I was a kid, best dog he was and he lived till 17.

LOL Ryan, its more like I am owned by a corgi! Growing up my family bred and raised Pembroke welsh corgis. The little photo-bomber there is Captain, he is my best dog! When my oldest dog passes I'll get another corgi, Captain is only 2 this year, but he is my favorite by far! I guess I have a short animal addiction?

Look who enjoys torturing me! Her vulva is pooched out, getting more elongated/relaxed. No belly dropping yet but she did roll after I noticed her changes this afternoon, and was acting uncomfortable, but now is back to normal.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm in that boat with you. Small horse,small chickens, small cats..well odd cats. They are Devon Rex

Well... this morning brings us to 320 days, So I popped out to take some updated pics for everyone to ponder over. Her muscles in her hind end have started to soften a bit, but haven't dropped/relaxed down yet. All I have been able to determine from speaking with her previous owners, is that she goes longer than the average mini pregnancy. If I didn't have breeding certificates with her breeding dates from last year I would assume this is all hormonal/spring time craziness, because she sure has stopped looking pregnant to me. I'm starting to wonder if she's having a false pregnancy?

IMG_2500.JPGIMG_2502.JPGIMG_2504.JPGIMG_2508.JPGIMG_2509.JPG

Towards the end the foal will move around, sometimes making it look like mare is no longer pregnant. That's the baby lining up.

This was taken yesterday, her bag seems to be hanging down more, but she hasn't really made big strides in filling, just small progress just to keep me confused.

lass bag.jpg

Well after keeping an eye on her for half the night, and checking again this morning, the redness/discharge has pretty much stopped. She ignored her hay for most of the night, and spend a lot of time looking at her sides and standing in a different spot from her usual hangout in the stall. not fully uncomfortable, but still acting odd enough I kept watch until she went back to eating and acting normal. I don't know what shes been doing with that baby the last few days but she is wider than I've ever seen her when I checked this morning, which means, I still have time to sleep!!

Maybe baby is shifting around to start the plunge to getting into position. Momma will roll baby into position, so watch for her rolling, cow patties, her vulva color and even yawning.

Thanks Diane I will keep an eye on her! It's been snowing all day so she's been but to the weather and eating all day! She is Much much wider!image.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back