Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laney rolled in some dirt and it looks like it bothered her eye a bit. She has little clear crusties in front of it. I was going to wash it out with some saline wash. Is there any kind of over the counter drop to clean it to make sure there is not bacteria in it now form the store? I don't think the vet needs to come out at this point. The flies bothered her eyes a bit when they would be around them so I don't think it is infected now but I did want to clean it as a precaution at least.

DSCN8584.JPG

I cleaned most of the dried dirt off her face but she wasn't too pleased so you can see some left in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megan you can use the human eye wash or just warm water. One of my app girls often gets a mucky eye so I wash it out very gently with warm water in a syringe (without needle of course) I put some chopped carrots in my pocket and let her see, whilst she is foraging to get them out she is distracted enough for me to wash her eye.

saludando.gif

LOL Renee

My husband loves his new trailer. Spent some time yesterday playing in it (cleaning and shining it up). I am very lucky he is interested in the horses. He is wanting to get a larger property as soon as we are able and talking about getting more (
new_shocked.gif
yes.. my husband is talking about more horses!
biggrin.gif
Lucky me!) and getting a riding horse as well. He of course has earned the right to name Laney's foal and is excited to be able to do so. Hope he doesn't name her/him something silly.

Anna- our divider does swing and is removable. It would definitely give Ricky more room to roam inside if it was off to the side a bit. I'll let him know that was your idea so he knows who to thank
wink.gif

Jenny- we call those trailers too in the us. here are pictures- is this what you are talking about? http://www.tjtrailer...andem-axle.html

We call those flatbed trailers.. and the trailers we haul horses in are horse trailers. And then there are camper trailers you can pull behind a vehicle: http://www.travelizm...l_trailers.html they have living quarters to camp in

default_saludando.gif
WOW your travel trailers we call caravans..

Just regular saline solution is good for slushing out an irratated eye, but if it starts to look worse you can get some teramycin eye ointment from the farm supply or order it on line at petedge.com.

Thank you, Renee
wub.gif

My husbands grandmother passed away last night. Very peacefully in a deep sleep. We will miss her but we know she was ready and she is in a better place in very good hands. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers during this time. Love you, ladies.

I'm so very sorry Megan. Thankfully she passed peacefully just as she wished, and is now in a better place free from pain and stress.

Please give my sincere sympathy to your hubby and to other members of her family.

((((HUGS))))

Megan I am so sorry your Grandmother passed away.

SO glad it was peaceful though.BIG Hugs and prayers to you and your husband and the rest of your family!!

thinking of all of your right now!

We got a trailer this past week and Ricky walked right into it to have a look around. We had it open today and he came back to explore again- this time I had my camera.

View attachment 5693

Laney is old and wise enough to know what it is so she didn't venture behind it while we had the ramp down.

Ricky was being exceptionally naughty today and I got picture of him biting my shoe. (like my comfy pjs? lol)

View attachment 5694

Not too long after that he tired to rear up on me, had a nice roll, and dashed around the yard.

View attachment 5695

Then ended with the first good rear I have ever seen him do- and I caught it on camera. Chubby muffin.

View attachment 5696

default_wub.png
laugh.gif
the FLOAT hehe looks amazing! :D yay for hubby!!
default_aktion033.gif
here's hopeing I find a hubby who likes horses hehe still have to find him yet
default_rolleyes.gif

Ricky looks absoloutly gorgeous!! lol love his rear! n playing in the horse float is a fantastic idea! lol I really need to get one
default_wink.png

default_saludando.gif
great pics thanks for shareing..my hubbys the same not into horses..
default_no.gif

isnt it funny we call trailers floats in australia

and ketcup we call tomatoe sauce

and barn we call a stable

and a trailer in australia is a thing you tow around that you put your rubbish in or to transport things

so what do yous call a aussie trailer????????

what other things can you think of we call different
hehe some that we pointed out when I first came on were...

thongs= sandals lol not g strings lol

paddock= pasture

Autumn= fall

bucket= pail

LOL Fringe= bangs hehe

postcode= zipcode

hehe just a few funny ones! hope this cheers up your day/ night a little Megan
default_wub.png

LOL!! Love the pictures of the cheeky Ricky - boys do get a bit more cheeky at arund his age, just normal growing up!!

We always do, with our lorry, what you are doing with your trailer. We take all the partitions out, position it either in the big barn or a field and let the weanlings explore. It works wonders and they have a great time scampering in and out.
default_yes.gif

Does your trailer partition swing sideways? If so, then may I suggest that you move the rear end over to make one side bigger - it will let Ricky turn round inside a bit more easily when he's doing his investigations!
LOL if Ricky is just starting to be like that now LOL imagine how bad Finn will be!
default_rolleyes.gif
he already rears up at me and bites my shoes!!!

as much as I try to stop it LOL

maybe Finn will do the opposite and settle more LOL hey I can dream can't I?! LOL

Megan Ricky is absoloutly gorgeous! how old is he now?? how tall would he be?
default_biggrin.png

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers (and hugs) ladies.
wub.gif
It means a lot.

LOL Cassie. I have to re-read some words sometimes if they are new to me to figure them out.

I am very lucky my hubby takes to my obsessions
biggrin.gif
He is even talking about getting a riding horse now.. and wants to move soon to a home with lots of nice property and a barn.

Ricky is 8 months old right now. I tried measuring him yesterday (with just a measuring tape) and he was around 29-30 inches and his tail is almost touching the ground. His sire is right under 30 inches and Ricky seems to be staying short. He was 27 inches when he was 4 months I believe. He is so chubby! I call him my little stud muffin or my chubby muffin. He is just so cute though. That belly will work itself out.

They are due for another worming soon. I have used Ivermectin and haven't decided which wormer to use next. Does Ivermectin take care of bots? Which dewormer is good for this time of the year? I have a print out somewhere I need to find on all the dewormers.

We sectioned off Ricky's paddock so he has a little run in front of his stalls but can't get to the other half so it can rest the remainder of winter. Laney will be on cam in a month and a half (
new_shocked.gif
so excited!) and we will switch her to Ricky's paddock when she is close. Really hope the grass grows back!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers (and hugs) ladies.
wub.gif
It means a lot.

LOL Cassie. I have to re-read some words sometimes if they are new to me to figure them out.

I am very lucky my hubby takes to my obsessions
biggrin.gif
He is even talking about getting a riding horse now.. and wants to move soon to a home with lots of nice property and a barn.

Ricky is 8 months old right now. I tried measuring him yesterday (with just a measuring tape) and he was around 29-30 inches and his tail is almost touching the ground. His sire is right under 30 inches and Ricky seems to be staying short. He was 27 inches when he was 4 months I believe. He is so chubby! I call him my little stud muffin or my chubby muffin. He is just so cute though. That belly will work itself out.

They are due for another worming soon. I have used Ivermectin and haven't decided which wormer to use next. Does Ivermectin take care of bots? Which dewormer is good for this time of the year? I have a print out somewhere I need to find on all the dewormers.

We sectioned off Ricky's paddock so he has a little run in front of his stalls but can't get to the other half so it can rest the remainder of winter. Laney will be on cam in a month and a half (
new_shocked.gif
so excited!) and we will switch her to Ricky's paddock when she is close. Really hope the grass grows back!
WOW that is very very exciting Megan!! a riding horse and Laney coming on cam
default_aktion033.gif
do you ride at all??

maybe fertalise Ricky's paddock a little ??might help the grass to grow
default_yes.gif

can't really help with the wormer sorry Megan... i don't think we have bots here...
default_unsure.png
default_laugh.png

Ricky sounds the perfect height! I love them to be around 30- 33" my mare Penny, sits about 35" she is a little tall for my liking, but we are hoping to breed her to a smaller stallion and get a smaller foal hehe

I think Finn will mature a similar height to Ricky, he is 3 months and 25" tall. have you or will you geld Ricky??
default_unsure.png

Sorry to hear about your Gran ..the great circle of life can feel so cruel at times but she will be free from pain now and will live on through your husband and your children forever
default_yes.gif

Ricky the stud muffin
default_laugh.png
I like it suits him
default_aktion033.gif

Megan just a quick response as I'm in a bit of a hurry - do please use Ivermectin to worm both Ricky and Laney asap - it will do your bots for you, best used for this purpose between mid Dec and mid Jan!!

Cassie- I used to ride and have started riding again occasionally. Really want to get back into it. Ricky is such a cute height- I love it. We will be gelding him this year in a few months.

Diane- We will definitely work on the grass so it comes back good for them. We'll have to get a good sprinkler to rotate around the paddocks.

Anna- We have used Ivermectin twice so need to switch to something different. I had what I wanted to use written down but can't find my list and can't remember what it was
wacko.gif
lol

Thank you, Lindi and Bree. We are up in PA now for the funeral and such. It's hard- but we know she is happy.

Family is back home taking care of my kids and fur babies. Everyone is very happy and doing well
aktion033.gif
Laney is iffy with new people but she is doing well as long as nobody tries to pet her too much.

I am going to try to catch up on some threads a bit before we are off to bed.

Megan, it wont do any harm to use an Ivermectin wormer again - if you are worried about resistance, dont, as it will take a lot of usage before they become resistant to it, if ever they do. Whatever you use MUST cover bots and I think you will find that will be a wormer with Ivermectin! (you can use other, mild wormers during the summer months if you wish). Just dont use Equest of Zimectin Gold!

We are home
wub.gif
Drove 10 hours last night to try to beat the snow.. was stuck going through it for the first 5 1/2 hours. Home safe though!

Ricky was so excited when I went out to get him this morning. It has rained so much the past week there is standing water all through the yard. Laney and Ricky look filthy but don't seem to care.

Here is Laney today (dirty) at day 259

DSCN8660-2.JPG

DSCN8678-2.JPG

Here is a comparison of Laney at day 214 then today at 259

laney214-259.jpg

laneyback214-259.jpg

And here is my dirty little muffin wanting to get in a picture

DSCN8668-2.JPG

Precious. Looks like Laney is progressing really well. She looks great. And Rickey looks like he has really enjoyed his romps in the rain. Aren't they just wonderful.
default_saludando.gif
:salute Rickey wants his time in the limelight too. It's amazing how we want them to be clean and they are happy just to get our attention and love no matter how dirty they are.

Glad you're home safe.

wub.gif
wub.gif
I think we need another video of them
wub.gif
wub.gif

They look great and very happy too!

Latest posts

Back